I can't believe that it is already July. My summer is going by way to fast. But, I am glad that it is July because that means I get to see my family at the end of this week, my sister and niece next week, along with some Idaho cousins as well. July has been my favorite month since last year. Every thing wonderful happens in July. Well, maybe more exciting? Anyways, it's the middle of the year and I only have to work two Fridays this month. Bonus! I love the fact that we get Pioneer Day off. That makes me all sorts of happy.
It's also been a month since I went through the temple. I've learned a lot in a month. My eyes have been opened to more understanding of why we endure through hard things, the importance of our mortal existence, and so much more. I love coming out of the temple with something new to talk to my parents about. It's even better when I do a session with someone and we talk about it afterwards in the celestial room. The temple has definitely been a blessing in my life so far and it will continue to be. I told a friend last night that I want my children to know the importance of the temple. That's why I go often. Gaining that testimony for myself has brought me peace and comfort. The temple is truly the Lord's house and I'm grateful that I have the opportunity to go once a week. I've been trying to hit up all the temples in the area. I need to take the opportunity to go because who knows where I will be living in the future. I maybe back in the Midwest where the temples are so heavily populated. I think of my parents, who make the effort to go once a month. Sometimes, they get to go more. I think in June they went three times in a period of a week or so. But I see the effort that they make and the blessings that come from them going. I desire that my children see the same. For it is truly important to me to always be worthy to enter in.
It's also exciting because this week Clare and I will do a session. Hopefully we'll go to Payson since we'll be in Spanish Fork. The following week, Sammi and I will go do a session somewhere in the valley or in Idaho. These are the moments I've been waiting for; to have sister time in the temple. I remember crying after Sammi got married because I wasn't able to attend her sealing. But now, we can all be in the temple together. I LOVE that! And one day, the whole family can go as well. It'll be especially wonderful to have my Papa and Nana at my sealing. I look forward to that day.
This gospel is truly amazing. I'm so grateful for it. I'm grateful for the opportunity that I have to progress, to change, to make goals, to be guided in my everyday course to where I need to be. I'm truly truly grateful for all that I have been given and will receive.
1 comment:
I love your thoughts. I didn't realize that you were watching as Dad and I went to the temple each month. It is a hassle sometimes to find a time that will work with each of our schedules. But, it is so important that we just make the time to do it. Take every advantage of the time you live in Utah. You may never have an opportunity like this again in your life!
Post a Comment