Sunday school. I feel like that's where my callings have always been. I remember the first time I was called to be a gospel doctrine teacher. It was semester four(?) of college and I wasn't happy to get that calling. Weeks prior, I got the impression that I would be getting that calling. I kept pushing those thoughts aside. After I was called, I could see that I was being prepared for it. I was so scared every Sunday that I thought. I felt inadequate. I was only 20 years and wasn't ready to teach doctrine.
Years later, I got the same calling. This time it wasn't gospel doctrine and it was a smaller class. But as my popularity grew, as an awesome teacher, my class got larger each Sunday. It was humbling to me to see people come to my class and were coming because they liked me and I showed videos. And other s would come because the gospel doctrine room was super cold.
This time around it's gospel doctrine. After getting set apart today, it was really humbling to know that I was called to teach the principles and doctrines of this gospel. I was promised that I would touch lives and bring people to class. To know that the Lord wants me in this calling to teach these young single adults is really neat. It's not the calling I want, but it's close. I just hope that these kids participate.
In other news, my quilt is coming along. Two things are left to do: quilt the top and bind the edge. The end is in sight and I'm so happy with the way that it's turned out. Sara and I had to take a row off the top and bottom since the batting was short. That's okay though. I'm still happy with the way it's looking.
This picture was taken last week as we sewed all the strips together and made twelve squares, to one giant quilt top.
Now it's a sandwich and has a navy back and will soon be binded with a cool navy design fabric.
I'm excited!
Also, I got a new raincoat. Mark it down that I spent money on a raincoat at the outlet mall and I love it. I did look like Barney today with my green dress and fushia colored jacket. But it's the best and the guy at the store gave me a discount because I'm cute. Well, I'd like to think so.
Now it's time to get my mile time down and keep stretching my legs.

No comments:
Post a Comment