Williams Syndrome

Monday, June 26, 2017

Boston.

I think this blog becomes more of my vacation journal than anything else. That's okay, because I've been having some excellent adventures with some of my favorite people. At the beginning of the year, my friend had mentioned to me that I should come out and visit her in Boston. I excitingly agreed. It then became one of these trips that Erin plans out but never does. A month or two had passed and still nothing had been done, until one day her and I were texting each other and it was agreed that I should come and was given some dates. The first weekend in May it was. I was at work and just bought a plane ticket. It was a done deal. Erin was going to Boston. I was so excited to go! I actually was going and it was not just some planned idea in my head. This was real life! 
I left for the airport on that first Friday in May. I didn't have to take the day off since my flight was later that evening. It was a non stop flight to Boston. Here's the thing. I love non stop flights, they are the best. The only downside was that I've never flown for that long before. Four plus hours is a long time for me to be in a metal tube with wings in the air. My anxiety had a new experience. As we were making our finally descent into Boston, I sucked in the humid air. It was extra humid since it was raining. Also, I'm pretty sure someone had thrown up within the last 20 minutes or so cause I'd get a whiff every once in a while. Gross. But we landed. I didn't throw up and all the was right. Enter new experience: Uber. The on;y public transportation that I've ever used had been the bus and frontrunner here in Utah. The end. So using an Uber was new and surprisingly super awesome. $20 for a trip from Boston to Cambridge. Awesome! I didn't die so that was a bonus. It still was so surreal that I was even on the East Coast!
Saturday Mckinlee and I headed out to Plymouth for the day. It was fun to see where the pilgrims landed and to see the birth of a new world for them. They have a 17th century village, where everyone is in character. It's fun to try to get them to break character. But we were nice and went along our merry way. We got dinner and headed backwards home for the Jazz game that night. The lost. :(

Sunday we walked to church and it was there regional conference. Afterwards we headed to Mount Auburn cemetery for a picnic. This cemetery is so beautiful. Seriously more heart eyes were made. I had heart eyes the whole weekend. Haha. It was so nice to see the blossoms and the serenity of the place. We decided that we should take the subway into the city and hit up the art museum. That was incredible. Makes me appreciate art so much because it tells a beautiful story. We took an Uber home so Mckinlee could skype her missionary brother. I talked with my family too. Then it was time for a night ride to Walden Pond and Lexington. Beautiful and peaceful. The birthplace of America. Chills all over.

Monday brought a subway ride into the city for the Boston Tea Party Museum, Boston Commons and the Freedom Trail. Such a fun day! When we got back to Cambridge, Mckinlee took me up to Harvard to look around and then we parted ways so she could go to a presentation. I walked home and took in the beauty. We met back up for dinner and then it was another Jazz game. They lost. :(



But it was such a nice day getting to know the city and the history of America.
I left for the airport on Tuesday morning. A nice smooth flight to Salt Lake City. I was sad to leave such a fun place and go back to the real world of work and responsibilities. Haha. I was so glad that I had the opportunity to go out and see my friend but also to see more of this great place we live in. Until my next vacation...

No comments: