This past Sunday, Ike gave a talk in sacrament meeting. He was talking about his family: my great grandma and grandpa and siblings. It made me think of Papa and Nana. I realized that I was jealous of all Ike and Carol's grand children. They have both grandparents and I have one. I want to know how it's like the have both. Even though I have both on my dad's side. To know what it is like to have Christmas, Sunday dinners, and just spend the day at Papa and Nana's house. Things would be so different if Nana was still alive. For one, I wouldn't be living in the house that I'm in right now. My older cousins had the opportunity to know Nana. They spent time with her before she passed. I was almost two when she died. But they would go to rummage sales, shopping and just got to be around her. I know that I will see her one day, but sometimes I just wish that she was here. To get to know her and to listen to her experiences. But I know she's with me everyday. Here is Papa and Nana with my dad.

I want my children to have their own Papa and Nana, and they will. That makes me happy, that they will be able to spend time with them. My dad already made a traditon, which is to take the grandchildren camping, and to buy the girls lots of dresses from Saint Vincent DePaul stores. I love my mommy and daddy. Here is my mommy and daddy.
2 comments:
I was pondering that after one of our enrichment meetings earlier in the year. Carol had to talk a little bit at it, and it made me miss Nana. Then I was talking to Mom about how I was always envious of Ash & Jeana in that respect.
Last week when we went to Tilleda to get the bomber, I somehow was thinking about Nana on the way home. By the time I reached home I was a mess because I missed my mom so much. Mostly I miss her playing with the grandchildren. She would just love being with Cami as she is just so entertaining. I guess we all get to take our turns missing those who've gone on before. Quite a few years ago, I watched Carol and Vicki outside in the back yard and I too was envious. Doris told me that it was good for me to fall apart and have a good cry every once in a while. It means I love her and miss her.
Post a Comment