Today was the best day since Sammi left. (She left yesterday). I was sad to see her leave but I have the two best cousins that keep me comforted. I have a cell phone capable for calling home, Sammi, Dad or the Gourleys. But I love Loey's roomates. My two roomates are awesome too. I got to know them better today, plus they love the office. I'm totally putting of my homework til tomorrow. NO CLASSES!!!! I love fridays. Maybe Jodi and I will go up to the temple and do some baptisms.
I started class today. I was up at 6:45 AM to read over the reader for my American Foundations class. I sat by a girl named Macarena. (Just like the song). Afterwards, I headed over by Jodi to crash til we went to class. We went to Book of Mormon. I ended up being in the wrong room, but same class, but I loved the teacher so I am staying in there by Jodi. My last class of the day is Humanities 104. I get to learn about heroic, ironic and spiritual quests. Also, Wizard of Oz, The Village, The Hobbit, and The Odessey. That last class is going to be a handful.
Loey and I are planning on going to the Paramount Twin to see UP. I'm super excited. After last night I need this. It was a rough night. I melted down, twice and ended up staying over by Lo for the night. I feel so at home by her, so whenever I need to be home, I can come over. Plus she has awesome roomates.
After we dropped Sammi off at the airport, Stef and I hit the road. The problem was we didn't know how to get out of SLC, to get back on the I-15. We ended up going west to Reno, got off like a mile down the road. We ended up taking Legacy Parkway, which is the highway right next to I-15. We went through Layton, Weber and Ogden. It wasn't great. We ended up taking a detour after the traffic from the construction got backed up. We were on the detour for 5 minutes til we found the sign for I-15 and we finally got on it. =] Several hours later, we were about 30 miles out of IF when Stef's car ran out of gas. We were puttering off the highway onto the off ramp, and ended up stopping on the ride of the road at the first Shelley exit. We called Al, and no one answered. Stef's friends were all at work. We ended up calling Jack. He told us we would have to wait for him to get off of work for lunch to get us. We sat there, and Stef turned on the car, we had a little bit of gas. We proceed down the road into downtown Shelley. We both said quick prayers just to make it too the gas station. WE MADE IT TOO! We laughed and laughed. It was quiet an adventure. Gotta love roadtrips. =]
2 comments:
It's hard for me to imagine little Erin in College! Wow---tine flies & people grow up way too fast! You'll love it --- it does take a bit of adjusting but having amazing friends, roomies & especially family can make or break the time you have there! Your roomies are sooo lucky to have you. I hope to make it down to see u while ur so much closer to where I am ---8 hrs is all!
Love you Erin girl---have a blast! And don't let yourself run out of gas again!!
Good thing you didn't have to put water in the gas tank.
Post a Comment