The Lord knows what I need to hear, when I need to hear it.
I think that's the theme for the semester. That and tender mercies.
Anyways, so I'm sitting in the Family class all worked up from night before. We were talking about why people put off marriage and all that good stuff. When my teacher said something that hit home. She said that if we want to love someone, we first need to love our self.
Can I tell you how powerful that was? I got goosebumps.
I'm taking a lot of classes that all run together. They either are about marriage or families.
And as I'm sitting here, typing this blog post, listening to my One Tree Hill playlist, Nada Surf gave some words of wisdom.
"To find someone you love, you've gotta be someone you love."
I tell you, it's all around me. I can take a hint.
I promise that I'm not sitting in self pitty and crying. It was just one of those days, where the Holy Ghost, spoke through my teacher.
I think this semester is going to be a good one. Even though, I've said multiple times that I want to drop out and mooch off my sister and brother in law, until the baby comes and then I'll be the live in nanny who never leaves.
Okay, maybe not. But life is good. Life is beautiful.
So you know that anxiety that I have? Well I haven't taken my Yo Gabba Gabba pills since the 14th of April. I'm pretty proud of myself. I almost did take one today, when I awoke from my nap. This transition into the semester was a lot smoother than the past two combined. I think it's because I wasn't rushed. I walked into my apartment and it already felt like home. My roommates are bomb diggity.
Megan and I hiked R Mountain last week Saturday. That was intense. I think we stopped about six times so I could catch my breath. The altitude, I tell ya. It kills me. We were almost to the top and I had to stop for about 10 minutes before going. I needed oxygen. I was getting passed by this old couple, some dogs, and little children. If they could make it to the top, I could to. After we reached the top, I was glad I finished it out. Idaho is pretty in it's own brown way.
Last night Megan and I ventured to IF where we bummed around until we met up with Stefani. We went to iJump. It's an indoor trampoline and foam pit place. It's awesome. Except for the fact that I had some Jimmy Johns before. That wasn't happy to be inside of me. But it was fun to jump around, literally.
I think that's about it. There's no need to worry. I'm happy. Temple in the AM.
No comments:
Post a Comment