It was a glorious weekend. I just wish it didn't have to end. I didn't get into Provo until late Friday night. I was happy that everyone was still waiting up for me and that Sammi had made dinner. It was warm and ready for me when I got there. She made my favorite, lasagna. I was demoted to the couch for the night, which wasn't all that bad. It only caused me to wake up at 5:00 AM when mom and dad were up and around. Dang central time zone.
Saturday morning, the parents and I headed up for the first session of conference. It was spectacular to be in the Conference Center when President Monson made the special announcement regarding missionary age. It was so cool because it was one of those moments when I was like, boom, he's the prophet of God. That session of conference was one of the best ones that I've heard in a while. I'm not saying that they are bad, but this one was great. We spent the afternoon laughing. Dad had himself again. I painted mom and Sammi's toe nails. I gave mom a rendition of a zebra toe. We have a photo shoot with Evelyn. She's such a good baby. I can't wait to snuggle up with her again. Had lasagna for lunch. We finished off the evening eating apple crisp and playing Monopoly Deal. That is one fun game.
Sunday morning, we got ready, dropped some tickets off by Heath and Megan, and headed north to the Sharp's house. It's always great seeing them. In a way, I feel like they are kind of my grandparents. They are a hoot and Sister Sharp knows how to make a great lasagna from scratch. Jeff, dad, and I headed back to the Conference Center for the last session. It was fun to go back. I cherish all the times that I am able to go to the Conference Center. Afterwards, I had to say my goodbyes. That is the worst thing ever. I hate goodbyes. Then it was time, once again, to head up to Rexburg.
On our way back up, we made a small detour in Logan. The temple was beautiful. The color of the trees were perfect. It reminded me of home. All the reds and oranges. Love it. We rolled back into Rexburg around eleven. Once I hit my pillow, I was out.
Did I mention that every day this weekend I had lasagna? Three different lasagnas on three different days.
Did I mention that every day this weekend I had lasagna? Three different lasagnas on three different days.
Only 66 days until school ends and the trek home begins.
And apparently it's really hard to put dirty dishes in the dishwasher. Yesterday afternoon, I had to stack up all the dishes in one side of the sink because I couldn't fill my water bottle up. It was ridiculous. Yep. Thus is my life here in my apartment. Gotta love it.

No comments:
Post a Comment