Williams Syndrome

Monday, March 11, 2013

Weekend.

If I was better, I would have taken some pictures of my weekend but I'm lame like that and it didn't happen. I'm sorry. I was distracted by that boyfriend of mine. I spent my weekend in Rexburg. Honestly, it's so nice to visit and not have to worry about going to school or doing homework. It's a very nice feeling. It's also nice that I am able to come back to Idaho Falls and not be in the bubble of Rexburg for the rest of my existence.  Okay, I'm just a tad bit dramatic. But seriously.
Christian came and picked me up Friday evening for a date? Haha. We didn't do too much. He got food. We went on a walk around Porter Park. We both pushed each other in the snow. Awesome. Then we just bummed around for the rest of the night. 
Saturday was the main event. I got my fill of college basketball for the next week. Then it was onto some rock climbing. Okay, so the only rock climbing I've ever done is when you're at school and they have the rock wall on the play ground. Doesn't even really count. I've never been afraid of heights, so that wasn't an issue. The main issue was trying to find the right footings and hand holds, but also belaying the boyfriend. They strapped a weight to the back of me or else I would have shot up with him. Then who would have gotten us down. I got to climb twice. It was fun. I'd do it again. The night ended with a movie at Adam's house and me, placing my foot in Christian's bowl of mac and cheese, and forgetting my purse after we had already left. 
Sunday was Stake Conference. I love Stake Conference. It's one of my favorite Sundays. I met the boy up on campus so we could sit together. He then asked if I had held up my end of the deal we had made. Nope. I didn't. Sorry. I'll remember for next time. It was really nice to hear the speakers and to be able to be edified. Sometimes, they give me a kick in the butt to get my life in order and going. That's what I needed. That and the nap and lunch that I had. Much needed. Christian came over and we went on a walk per my request. I had stayed with my old roommate in her apartment. It was weird to be there and not live there. That was my home last semester but it did feel like home. Her roommates are nice. Anyways, so we went on a walk. A long walk. I wore the wrong shoes. We finally got back to his apartment and got warm. The boy showed me his mission pictures. It was so nice to be able to hear him talk about his mission and the people he taught and served. His face just lights up when he does. Side note: I remember doing that with my sister. She got excited to tell me about everyone too. After some time, it was time to leave. Ugh. The worst part. He drove me home. We talked and got things in order and taken care of. I miss him. I'm so close to him, but Idaho Falls is still so far away. Why so far?!
It was a wonderful weekend even though it may not seem like much. All that matters is me... and him. Haha. 
Love.

No comments: