This had to be in the top 5 quickest trips to Utah I've ever made. If we would have gone down like we originally planned, it totally would have been. Thursday night we decided to leave. We probably left the house around nine and made it to Lehi before one. Sammi came up and picked me up so I could go sleep at their place and spend more time with them. It felt nice being back with family. It's also nice that they are willing to come and pick me up. Love the family.
Friday wasn't too busy. I woke up to find Evelyn in her walker, staring at me. She gave me the "Brocker face." Which means that she doesn't smile or anything. She just looks at you. Blank expression. It didn't take too long to get her to smile at me. All I had to do was make Dad noises and she was all smiles. Thank goodness my dad has obnoxious sound effects. Sammi went to pick up Jeff from school because it was snowing like crazy. I stayed home with baby and fed her green beans. That girl surely loves her food. We spent the day bumming, apartment hunting, and grocery shopping. Sammi and I both crashed for a nap after a satisfying lunch. Before we knew it, it was time to head out to dinner with the family. We met up at the Brick Oven. It was delicious. Sammi and I shared their BBQ chicken pizza. Oh it's a must. We saved some for Jeff because we knew he'd be hungry. Sammi and I had to leave early to go pick up Jeff from work. We hurried back as fast as we could for the opening of Alexa's mission call. Almost everybody had someone on the phone. She is going to the Las Vegas West mission. It's exciting. I'm excited for her and so grateful for her desire to serve. She'll be an awesome missionary.
Less than 24 hours later we were headed back north. It took us a little longer to get home because of the snow we encountered outside of Pocatello. Stef and I were freaking, but where trying to keep conversation happy and fun. We're two hilarious girls. We should have our own reality show. By 1:30 we were home and busy unpacking and repacking for the rest of the weekend.
I spend the rest of my weekend in Rexburg with Christian. It was a fun weekend. I'm grateful for wonderful friends who let me crash on their couch. So grateful. Who knows what this weekend will bring. Let's hope that it's good. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment