Williams Syndrome

Monday, April 1, 2013

Boise.

Well I would say Meridian rather than Boise. I spent the majority of my time there. Honestly, it's all the same thing to me. It's like when you're in Green Bay but really in De Pere. It's like the same thing. It all flows together. Anyways, Christian invited me for the weekend to go home to meet his family. His cousin was giving her farewell talk on Sunday so a chunk of the extended family was there. Little do I know on how many there actually is. It felt rather like home being surrounded my family. Cousins and lots of aunts and uncles. His family knew I was coming a long and was eager to meet me. One of his aunts reminded me of my aunt. She could totally be Susie's twin, except his aunt is taller and has red hair. But they could be the same  person. 
My exciting journey to Boise. Christian was excited.
It was pretty chill for being Easter weekend. We came just in time for Easter dinner on Saturday. We spent the rest of Saturday at his Uncle's house, enjoying company. His uncle asked lots of questions about me and my home life in Gresham. Christian's dad got his opportunity to ask me questions and talk my ear off. I can see where Christian gets it  from. Sunday was chill too. 70 plus degree weather called for a walk along the canal after church and lunch. My flip flops got lots of use. I feel less white after being outside for a few hours yesterday. 
Brother bonding time over looking at cars.

Having his turn at playing Barbies with Aubrey.
I had a fun weekend spent with Christian. I'm definitely saying that I'd go again. 
I did have a first this weekend. I know I come from a household of hunters. But I've never picked up a gun before. Yes, I've picked up Andrew's gun to move it so I could sweep the porch, but it was in it's sleeve and I didn't actually hold it. Well, this weekend was full of gun talk. Christian's brother bought a new gun so we had to go and see it. All of a sudden I was handed a gun. A nice hand gun that was surprisingly heavier than I thought. Now I'm waiting for the day that Christian will take me shooting, because he's already planning on it just so he can see what I do. I think he just wants me to fall over from the kick or hear me scream because I will scare myself. Haha. One or the other. 

No comments: