I'm homeless, especially when it comes to going up to Rexburg for the weekend. I'm always staying with friends and such. I make my rotation and have found it to be somewhat helpful but not at the same time. I don't really like staying with them. I'd much rather have my own apartment. I will soon enough. Time can't come fast enough. I don't want to feel like I'm mooching off people anymore. No thanks. I should have made better plans before I headed up on Friday but I was tired and figured I could make arrangements that day. Yeah, didn't work to my advantage until a text was sent and I had a spot for a night. That would be enough. I do love to spend as much time with Christian as I can. Even though I thought I would be headed home on Saturday night, I tried to make good use of the time spent with him. I did. Then Saturday night came. I have told Christian that I either had to go home or find a couch for the night. I was leaving that up to him. All of my friends were gone to Utah for the weekend. Boo. Anyways, some texts were sent, rejections came back. I officially felt homeless because Christian didn't have use of a car and I/he couldn't find me a couch to sleep on. Thank goodness for Adam and his awesome sister. She took me in willingly. I made my way over to their apartment just before curfew. It was full of giggles and laughter with some shushing in the mix. I don't remember the last time where I had that much fun. I laughed, a lot. The last time was probably in the fall. Anyways, so I spent the night with an energetic apartment of girls. After one, it started to settle down. It was a sleepover in the living room. My favorite.
Sunday was wonderful. I love Conference. Saturday sessions were great too. Even though I did fall asleep for the last little bit on Saturday afternoon. Oh, each session was so good. My fingers couldn't type fast enough. One good thing after another.
Sunday afternoon we headed to the Taylor to watch the last session. We braved the wind and everything. I had asked Christian if he had taken me there so I wouldn't fall asleep. It worked. It didn't work for him, but he soon woke up. Afterwards, we headed to Shelley for a birthday dinner for Christian's cousin. It was delicious. In our family, we have ham for our Sunday in-between session meal. I was missing out on that, or so I thought. That was the birthday dinner. Ham! Oh goodness, I ate and ate. I waited until everyone went through and then Christian got up and got some more for the both of us. He's so kind. I just love him! We were asked if we were married. I wanted to say yes, to see how far we could go, but I/we didn't. I was actually home on time on Sunday. Haha. Well, I'm usually on time, but Christian and I usual finish our conversation before he leaves.
One of my favorite weekends yet full of jelly beans, cookies, food making, and dish doing. It was a good time. Finals week has begun. Good luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment