Williams Syndrome

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Last.

It felt amazing to be able to sign up for my last semester of college. It's crazy to think about how fast it's gone. My years have been cut up into semesters and it'll be sad to think I'll have to go back to normal come December. I only needed seven credits but to get money, I need 12. Depending on my school scholarship I'll have to add two more on. Boo. But the less I have to pay the better, eh? I think so. 
It's been hot the past couple of days. The next week, even hotter. I'm grateful for my fan and it's oscillating powers. Summer would be unbearable without it. Even though I can't really complain because I asked for this last week when it was middle 60s and raining. Wisconsin has that. Called home today and my mother was desiring the weather out here. That's when you know you have it good. 
I've been making progress in my sewing class. I'm actually not as bad as I thought I was. It just takes a lot of practice and patience. I finished up my burp rags last week. They look a little rough in places but what can I say, corners are hard. I don't care who you are. They are a beast. I finished my bib today too. The girl sitting across from me told me that she was concerned that my child's neck wouldn't fit; meaning that their neck would be too large. Well if all else fails, it fits Cami's doll. Cami told me today that she wanted her doll to have it. I'll scale it down. Make a new one. It'll be alright. My next project is pillow covers for Sammi. I came up with a pattern today. We'll see how it goes. 
Remember how I was explaining that Christian had big plans for our fish tank. Well last week we created it. It's actually really cool. 
It's a small glass vase that is standing up. We doubled up the straws and Christian slit the tops so the vase could rest on them. He had found some rubber tubing and sucked all the air out of the vase so Debbie could swim up there. I was concerned about it tipping over so Adam gave us some rubber bands for reinforcement. Doesn't look too ghetto. We like it. More fish are planned and a bigger tank and features are in the design stage. 

1 comment:

ceri likes said...

Sweet Erin You are such an amazing girl. I love getting to know you and love it even more when I see you at Jack and Alison's. Just had to let you know...love you. Ceri