My anxiety has been crazy the past couple of weeks. Not as bad as it was last fall, but enough that it's driving me nuts. It's been worse since I've stopped communication with that particular boy. The anxiety has just been all over the place. Anyways, something that my counselor had mentioned to me, and all the book that he had me read, talked about finding something that could distract me from my anxiety. Growing up, I tried lots of things, but now that I am better at handling it, Psych has become my go to distraction when I'm having an awful day. I can laugh and let my mind clear up. It's kind of like watching Legally Blonde, in the sense that the main character is "dumb" that you don't have to think about what is going on. Haha. My mom had pointed that out to me one day. Dumb enough that you don't have to think about the movie when you watch it. Relaxing. Lets the mind rest. Now I'm just waiting for the next season to get on Netflix so I have some more episodes to watch.
Okay. I might get called out for saying this, but I'm excited for Christmas. I bought lights the other day and put them in my room. I'm excited. I don't know where I'll be for Christmas this year. Most likely be in Utah. That's the plan for now. Clare let me know of where I could go for a job. She's helpful. I'm just excited to be done with school. Two months until I graduate. I can't believe it. The semester is almost half way over! But I'm ready to be out of Rexburg. Time for a change. I never thought that I'd be saying that. I usually don't like change, but this change is more welcoming.
We had Stake Conference today. Honestly, it was really hard to pay attention. But it's a good thing that my Stake President grabs your attention back. He takes control and isn't afraid of being blunt and bold. He's great like that. He knows what we need to hear. He kind of reminds me of my dad in certain ways. Both are converts and have similar mannerisms. Anyways, he talked about how we need to teach the Plan of Salvation to others because Satan is so determined not to let people know where they came from or where they are going. Eye opening. Another was a real push for family history. I'm game.
It's time for a haircut on Tuesday. I keep jumping back from the decision of just cutting a few inches or going shorter. Ahhh! I don't know. I do need to keep it long enough for a pony tail because of my Meal Management class and in case I get involved in sports. But I'm thinking about three inch trim. Maybe cutting the bangs? That's a tough one too. We'll see I guess.
I like when the roommate is gone. I like having the room to myself and doing what I please. It'll be nice one day not to live in an apartment full of girls. I look forward to that day. Please come sooner rather than later. Save me! Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment