Saturday was my last day at the Flower Patch. It was a crazy day and I expected to work eight hours and then be out of there. But corporate said we had to stay open longer so I worked ten hours and it wasn't as bad as Valentine's Day but still crazy. You'd think people would come in during the day, during business hours to get arrangements, but that wasn't the case. There was a mad rush in the morning for a bit, but once four thirty hit, they all came, kids in tow as well. We had kids climbing all over the inside of the cooler and destroying stuffed animals and everything. Dads getting frustrated and not knowing what to get. It was chaotic but it's nice that they appreciate the mothers in their lives, eh? I think so.
My awesome boss got us pizza and breadsticks and we ate ourselves silly. Seriously, we had so much pizza that we ate until we couldn't, but then would go back for more later on. I even took pizza home with me cause we had so much left over. In the evening hours, one of my coworkers snuck out to buy a cake and it was delicious. We didn't partake of it until 7:30 but hey, it was nice.
I could have left earlier then nine thirty but I couldn't get myself to leave. It is such a bittersweet feeling. I miss working there. Okay, more so the people then anything. My coworkers are awesome and it's such a fun and happy atmosphere. Plus, you even get the old chocolate covered strawberries when we can't sell the anymore. So that's always a bonus.
It's weird to think that I won't be going back. It is nice that I'm not working two jobs. I don't think I could have made it until the end of June like I had planned. It's the middle of May and every Saturday I'd wake up and feel like death. Work six days a week and I'd never see my roommates. No socialness of any kind. That's not the reason why I stayed out here. Socialness. That's not even a word but I need it.
The hospital is all sorts of chaotic and quiet and calm all at the same time that that's all I need. Haha.
I'm on a shoe hunt. So this past winter I ditched my pair of deck shoes that I've had for years and years. They finally have met the end of their life that it was time to buy new ones. I did. And they are bleached and not so comfortable. I found a pair that I love! For almost $40 big ones they could be mine. Part of me thinks that is so expensive, but they are quality and have gotten good reviews. Plus I can wear them to work and play. Their casual and durable for work. It's either the Tigers of the Pumas. I'm not sure yet. Dang my average sized foot cause everyone else needs that size.
I bought two more fish. I have three and Cliff was a little aggressive when I first merged them all together. He had gotten used to have everything to himself. I think he'll survive longer then the other two cause he knows when the food is coming and the other two swim aimlessly at the bottom. And I've determined I'm a fish lady, not a cat lady. Haha. That's alright with me.
Peace and blessings.

No comments:
Post a Comment