Is it really June? It seems like it was just February and I was working my buns off at the Flower Patch. Now, I'm still working my buns off but at the hospital and I'm quite enjoying my time working there. The craziness and all. I still can't believe June is here! I'm still alive so that is awesome. My fish is still alive and that's awesome too. I feel great.
Since June is here that means that my little brother is graduated and is FINALLY headed to state for high jump. I've been waiting for him to get there the past few years. I'm so happy that he gets to experience this wonderful time. State is awesome and even though I never made it up to the podium, it was nice to know that I was 10th in the whole state in high jump. Well, division three, but still. It's awesome. I'm hoping he performs well, but most of all just enjoy the time there. He's my example. I don't know if he knows that but he is. I love that kid and so proud of his choice to serve the Lord come July. He'll be a great missionary.
June also brings the time to start paying off student loans. Even though I don't have that much, it's just so daunting to do so. Wouldn't it be nice if it just blew away? I think so. But I'm determined to pay them all off as soon as I can. Right now it's saying that I have 120 months before it'll be paid off fully. Well it won't take that long. I promise.
Can I say that I have the best visiting teachers and home teachers ever? It's about time I get both. I've had great visiting teachers in the past but my home teachers have been on the slacker side. I can't complain too much cause, let's be honest, I've been on the slacker side. My home teacher came to talk to me today about setting up an appointment to come over this week. Sub note, he's attractive. We talked for a few minutes then he was off to find his brother. After he left, I leaned over to my roommate and told her that he could come home teach me anytime. She rolled her eyes and me. Haha. Well he can. Just saying.
I dyed my hair yesterday. After kind of freaking out about having gray hair, I had to dye it. I'm my father's daughter which means I've seen one too many gray hairs in the last year or so. Come on now. I'm not 23 yet. Almost. But that's not good. I'm Clare Jr. Freaking out and pulling them out when I find them.
I think my roommates need to understand the blessing of it cooling off at night. Let's turn off the air conditioning and enjoy the natural breeze and coolness that the desert brings at night.
At work I have to take the cardboard and garbage out to the compactor multiple times a night. You know the smell of garbage always reminded me of Nauvoo, City of Joseph, when we'd walk to the cafeteria and we'd have to walk past the garbage to get there. I think of that every time I take the garbage out, but it's starting to fade because the garbage at Camp Nauvoo was never THAT bad. Seriously disgusting.
On Monday my roommate and I hiked the Y. We didn't go to the top but we reached the bottom of the Y and that was as far as we were getting. I was dying. Seriously. It was quite the accomplishment and I'm so glad I did it. We plan on going on more hiking trips but for now we'll stick to short ones, with some killer switchbacks... Maybe.
Creeper in the background wouldn't move. Stank face.
I did it!
No comments:
Post a Comment