Williams Syndrome

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Best.

The last two weeks have been great for me. I've had so much fun being with my family and just being cared for. It's nice being loved. The Gourleys gave two weeks ago and I was able to spend a day and a half with them. We shopped, swam, ran around Orem and Provo. It was just nice to be with them, even if I was given the duty to wipe Brock's nose every time he sneezed. It was fun and hard to see them go. I wanted to have them here a little longer, but I was grateful for them allowing me to tag around everywhere with them.
I sure do miss my babies, but I am happy to be going home in six weeks for a long weekend. I'll get to smother them again. :)
They sure do love their Auntie EM.
After being sad for the next few hours after they left, I cheered right up because later that week my parents and brother would be on their way out. They rolled into town on Tuesday afternoon. I hugged my mom for a long time. It was nice to have them here. Seriously, parents are the best thing ever. Well mine are, for sure! My car came with them and we unpacked some of my things and then we headed up to Lehi. Well m car made it to Lehi but shut off at the top of the hill. Mom came behind me to push my car over to the gravel road and we left it there. We headed for Salt Lake to set Andrew apart and that was a cool moment. I've never been apart of a missionary setting apart before and this one was pretty cool. After hearing the blessing, you can definitely know how much the Lord protects and blesses His missionaries. It's really cool. We headed to the other Sharp's house to drop things off and then poked around the mall before we went back to Lehi. Don't worry, my car started right up again. The Byingtons were wonderful hosts and we had fun watching a movie in their state of the art home theater. That was awesome! The morning came and we ran some more errands and then lunch, then it was time to say goodbye to Andrew. It was bittersweet and he had lots of nerves. Taking a step into darkness is scary, but once you step in, there is light. He'll be a great missionary and I'm so grateful for his desire to serve the Lord for two years. It'll fly by.
I think it was harder to leave my babies then my parents, but my mom reminded me that I would be home shortly and then they'd be back in October, and I'd be home in December. How grateful I am for airplanes and modern technology. Seriously. Amazing. 
Right after being set apart.
Life is great. More details to come. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are the cutest. i miss you erin!