Williams Syndrome

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Month.

I feel like my sisters. I haven't blogged in over a month! What is wrong with me. This is basically my journal after all. Well I can tell you that I have more to go over in a month, then a week, so my life can seem more exciting. 
I've been on a more serious job hunt. I've been mostly applying at the hospital, where I am currently working. After a couple of weeks of not hearing anything, I finally get an email that reads that they aren't going to fill the position. Sorry if that's an inconvenience for you. Instead of hiring someone full time, they now have two PRN/On Call positions available. Yeah. It makes no sense. The other email that comes back is that after much consideration, we don't want you, that's why we picked someone else. I'm telling you. I'm kind of getting used to rejection. Maybe I should start asking boys on dates. Maybe my luck will change and I'll get a yes. Haha. Anyways, after applying for a job, I got a call for an interview. I was so nervous going in, but after coming out, I felt great. It was one of the best interviews I have ever had. I hadn't heard anything, so I called last week and they hadn't made a decision yet. It was an ease to my mind, but also immediate panic of now I have to wait for a rejection or a yes. I'm hoping, hoping for a yes. I've been praying, pleading with Heavenly Father that I would like to have normal hours, so I can have a chance for a social life. A chance to try and find a cute boy to walk my way. And I'm done cleaning toilets and cleaning up after gross old people. Seriously, old people that are in the hospital, for one, smell bad. Secondly, they creep me out. Thirdly, they stare out their patient room doors and shout crazy things. The last one is entertaining sometimes. 
Two weeks ago I was able to drive up to Idaho. I've been wanting to see my Idaho cousins for some time so I decided I'd take Monday off and make it a long weekend. It was Super Bowl weekend so that made it more exciting? I don't know, but I had a good time. A much needed break from Provo. Provo is just so big and busy. I like the relaxed, potato life of Idaho. It was a blessing to go up and spend time with family and grow a little closer. It was sad day back to reality when I had to go to work that following Tuesday. You know, that Sunday evening feeling.
I've been reading my heart out. I came back to Idaho with a series to read, courtesy of Stefani. It's called The Selection Series. It's a post WW4 book, with a mix of the bachelor involved. That's the selection part. It's described as the Hunger Games meets the Bachelor, minus the arena. It's pretty dang good. I finished the second book in six hours and tonight I finished the third. It took me longer because I wanted to soak it up before the end of the series came. 
I completed my taxes. I feel like such an adult. It's been great to see my savings account get nice and fat. It's more money than I've ever had, so it's nice seeing it sit in there. Turbo Tax was my best friend, especially because filing for state was FREE! I love free things. I love deals too, which brings me to my next topic of discussion...
Kohls. They have been having sales that have blessed my life. Scentsy-like wall plug ins for $3, which it was 80% off and so much more. It's been great. I love seeing that I saved more than I spent. Let's be honest, I would not pay full price for any of those things. No way. I'm too cheap. Shopko in Provo is going out of business so I scored there. Nike shoes for 32.00 is a steal and I'll buy them just because. And I did.
I was up in Layton yesterday with my good friend, who is basically my sister. We crafted and watch Gilmore Girls. It was a great day. Except for the part where my car died on me and I couldn't start it for about a half hour. My friend's husband is the best and took care of my car. He even put a new part in that I've been meaning to change since July. It was a blessing that I went up there yesterday and that my car died. Even though it was not a good feeling to not have my car start, I was being watched over. 
Life's been pretty good to me. The Lord has been watching over me and has a plan for my life. It's been interesting to see it unfold. But for now, sending love from Provo.

No comments: