Williams Syndrome

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Reality.

Let's face it. Working at a hospital is not glamorous. Those TV shows lead you to believe it's the glamorous life. It's not. not even close. I know I;m just a housekeeper, but I've been in and seen majority of what goes on in almost all areas of the hospital. 
After working at Utah Valley, I have come to some conclusions...
I never knew I had a bigger butt until I put on scrubs. Yes, they may not be flattering, but they definitely show that I have a but. Especially when I show garbage bags in my back pocket. Emphasizes it all. 
Old people creep me out when they lay in their patient rooms.
I've become obsessed with sneakers, because they help set me apart from the rest. My headbands do that too. People know me with the girl with the bow in her hair.
Blood isn't as gross as I thought. It's still scary but not scary like how I thought.
You see a cycle in the hospital between life and death. Makes you think about the Plan of Salvation a little bit more.
I've been told I could wear a burlap sack and still look cute.
First impressions aren't true.
You can dance like Kevin Bacon in Footloose throughout CP and the third floor hallways in the middle of the night.
The sixth floor is the best floor to clean.
ICU and sometimes the 7th floor, feel like death.
RSV season makes the PEDs room more work.
One Direction and Bastille make the best jam sessions in Decontam.
I hate cardboard.
I hate trash.
I love my nicely toned arms and shoulders from heavy lifting.
Sometimes it's really hard to throw paper towel into the garbage can.
Sometimes I laugh at the thought that women's bathroom leaves women stranded without toilet paper. 
If you sleep in the lobby, be prepared to be woken up. I need to vacuum even if it's midnight.
Life at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center has been quite the experience. I've been there for almost a year and now my time is quickly coming to an end. Monday is my last day. Bittersweet for the reason that I'm leaving a lot of friends behind. But I'm excited to be moving on, for change, for not having to clean toilets or cleaning up after gross old people's rooms. 
I have a new job that starts next week. Normal hours, better pay, no weekends or major holidays, and more time for me to have a social life and to date. 
I told you, 2015 would bring new experiences and challenges. And according to my brother, I have to be married in 17 months. That's before he gets home, in case you were wondering. Yeah right. Silly brother.

1 comment:

Josh & Jasmine said...

What new job!!!?? Congrats! Haven't seen you in awhile! Feel free to come visit us in Wymount! :)