Williams Syndrome

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Climbing.

So the past few weeks I have been trying to be adventurous. I basically had a thought one night during scripture study that I needed to be brave and go on adventures. The thought started out about the temple and then turned into having some faith and just getting out of my comfort zone. Now I have this new motto in life, that when someone asks me to go do something, I'll go. Usually this will be swimming or hiking or whatever. 
This week has been very adventurous. Anyone who knows me knows that I hate being in deep water. I'll stay in the shallow end just because I can touch. Well, I was swimming with one of my old roommates and we were talking and I decided to jump in. I was going to jump into water that was nine feet deep. I did it. Three times. I realized that my fear was unrealistic and I could do it. I come right back up and can tread water, so it's no big deal.
So last night a friend of mine had texted me and asked if I wanted to go see what was happening in downtown Provo. I usually respond with a sure, but I gave him a yes and drove over to his house to meet up with him. We went to the Utah Pacifika Festival. We watched people dance and sing. Also some lady told us that my friend needed to buy me something and to say 'I do' to him. Haha. Anyways, it was a fun time. We get back to his house and we decide to be spontaneous. Yes, I was spontaneous. I drove us up to Rock Canyon, which is just up past the temple. It's right against the mountains. Rock climbers are the usual guests that go up. Anyways, so we bust out our flashlights and head up the trail and start hiking up the mountain. Yeah, I died. I think I was more concerned with not getting attacked by animals, than actually climbing. I did stop a few times. We ended up hiking too far up and had to slide ourselves back down. We scaled the ridge and found a great spot to lookout over the valley. There was a thought about going farther up to look out, but I was dead and cold. We were the only ones up there. It was super cool and I felt cool for being all adventurous. It was good practice for this coming week when I join my ward and hike up to the Timpanogos Cave. The whole way down, he kept telling me to turn off my light, and every time I would, he almost fall. Yeah. I think I'll keep my light on. But it was way fun! 
Here's to more adventures and fun times in good ole Provo!
Life's a climb, but the view's great!
It was actually very breathtaking to see this view again. About a month ago, I was up to Squaw Peak. That's a view to see as well. It makes me think about how awesome this world is, to see all the beautiful things that God has created for us.

No comments: