Williams Syndrome

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Cave.


Okay. So last Saturday I had the lovely opportunity of climbing up to the Timpanogos Cave. And yes, I did die over half way up. A few days earlier I was talking with my coworker about it. She had told me that I would be fine. Basically, if she did it, I could do it. With eagerness, I was ready to hike on Saturday afternoon. My roommate had bailed on me, so I knew I would need to find a buddy to hike. I found a sister in my ward and we started off. I was doing really well. We'd stop often to breath and take a drink. We had gotten over the half way point, when we decided to stop again. The trail was starting to get steep and since you aren't supposed to stop in a yellow zone, we made sure we were right outside of it when we did. So I had popped down on some rocks and rapidly decreased in health. I started feeling super nauseous. I told my friend that I couldn't go on. There was a bench just down the trail and she asked if I could make it to that. I honestly could not. I felt dizzy and I knew passing out would come shortly if I got up. Bishop, KC, and Christian soon came upon us. They saw me. I was embarrassed because, I didn't make it to the top without feeling yucky. Christian started asking me questions about my health. KC started asking questions to see if I was coherent. I honestly, just wanted KC to close his mouth. Haha. I was trying to answer Christian, since he's all trained in advanced first aid. Thank goodness. We concluded that it was heat exhaustion, and he then poured water on my head to cool my body off. It worked and the color resumed. The sweating profusely had stopped. I was feeling cold, with lots and lots of goosebumps. I was ready to keep going, but they didn't believe me. It was another five minutes before we started up. 
They ended putting me in the front of the pack to set the pace. I also think it was so that they could catch me if I passed out. Anyways, so we got more and more up the trail and I made a comment, that Christian knew, knew that I was feeling like myself. It was an Erin comment for sure. We stopped soon after that, water was dumped on me again and I was fed. I felt like a child/baby. But we made it to the top! I was wet and cold, but I made it! I would like to thank the support of those who helped me, especially Christian in saving my life. I'll be forever grateful that he paid attention in his advanced first aid class. 


This was a short ways into the cave. Isn't this awesome?! It was so cool to explore the cave. Even though exploring meant that we had to stay on the path. I had never been inside a cave before. This one definitely set the bar high. It was very chilly, I had two sweatshirts on, but my t-shirt was soaked and was up against my belly. So yeah, I was cold. I could have went for the third jacket. 
After seeing the inside of the cave, it just made me more appreciative of the creations that God did create. It was even more fitting that my lesson on Sunday was about the Creation. So awesome!
Tomorrow mom and dad fly out.
Thursday we get my temple clothes.
Friday I'll be going through the temple. Living ordinance baby!
Here's to a wonderful week!

No comments: