It's official. I finally am out of Provo and living in a big girl place. No more BYU housing for me. April 1st was a bittersweet day. I got home from work and packed up the rest of my stuff in my car. It's a good thing I was able to get the key to my new place a month in advance so I could start moving things in over a period of time and not all at once. I totally miss living with my friends and having that comfort of home. It's always difficult to move. I am out of my comfort zone and starting a new normal.
The first two days weren't bad. I was still unpacking and was busy all day. Sunday was the worst. I had company for the first half of the day and then I was alone. It was a super emotional morning session of conference. After my friend left, I didn't want to be alone. I took a nap or two during the second session. I tried to watch a movie but the electricity went out. I called home for some comfort. I was homesick. I haven't been homesick in a while. It's never been this bad in a while. I finally left my place on Sunday night and went down to Provo for some comfort. It was nice. Oh it was nice. I've spent almost every night down there, and then come back up to sleep. Technically I still pay to live at Southridge, so it's no big deal.
Otherwise, life has been good. Adjusting and all. Hannah, Maddy and I have decided to go on vacation to San Diego this summer. I NEED to see the whales at Sea World, and since they are getting rid of them, I need to go now. We'll see what happens with this. We all really want to go and it's possible to go. It's a matter of fact of just doing it. Free Willy and I need to bond.
At work we've been give the green light for overtime. Since this trip is most likely to happen, overtime it is. It will be nice to have some spending money, so I don't have to be on such a tight budget when I go. It's just the fact of getting up early and to be at work at seven that's the hard part. Free Willy is my motivation. That and the fact that I need some more money to help pay for my car and it's broken parts. Dang sway bar.
So here's to a smooth, quick change into normal, because I don't like feeling sad and homesick. Plus, I need to make some friends. The plan is to stay here for the summer. But I guess anything could happen with my life. Haha. Tada!
No comments:
Post a Comment