I didn't want to be in Utah for Pioneer Day. I felt if I would have stayed, I would have been alone and bored the whole weekend. After talking with an old roommate, who also is a best friend, we decided to make a trip up to her house in Idaho for the long weekend. I've only been to the western part of Idaho about three times. They were always fast trips and I never got to see much of anything. We talked about things we could do and they more she talked the more I wanted to go. We left after I got off of work on Friday afternoon and made the six hour drive up. I thought we were going to rear end someone so I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep so I wouldn't see how I would die.
Here we are driving in the middle of nowhere Idaho.
Saturday morning came around and it was time to explore. We packed up the bikes in the back of the truck and headed down the road to Eagle to start the greenbelt ride. We rode, round trip, for about ten miles. We didn't go quite into downtown Boise, but it was close enough. It was such a cool bike ride. Boise is definitely the city of trees. I got a nice tan and some tan lines.
After biking, we went and saw the new Start Trek. Chris Pine is a babe. It wasn't as good as the first one but it satisfied my Chris Pine needs. Haha. After we made a stop at Craft Warehouse and then it was time for dinner. I love these girls. The Lord has definitely blessed me with wonderful friends. After we got back to the house. The zip line was busted out and I braved my fears and went down it. Video was made for posterity. We finished off the night by watching the Lone Ranger.
Church on Sunday. We celebrated Hannah's birthday early. Played a game, hung out and talked, and finished the night by watching Letters to Juliet.
We left just after two on Monday afternoon and we stopped by the temples on the way home. We also stopped in Twin Falls to see the Shosone Falls. The water is low but it was still cool to see. Idaho has it's own beauty. We rolled into Orem around nine thirty that night and I went straight to bed. Too many late nights in a row. I think it took my body two days to recuperate and get back on schedule, but it was so nice to be away and have a fun weekend.




No comments:
Post a Comment