As the first day of May, i expected warmer weather and sunshine all day. Well the sun did shine, but was kind of gloomy.
I am so glad this week is over with. It started out crappy, and got progressively better, but I'm sick of being sad and gloomy. It all started out with our track meet on Monday. I jumped like poop. Well to me, i did. I did jump 4'10" but at Bowler the high jump area isn't the greatest. The week had started out rainy, so by the time the meet started the grass was went and gross. My first few jumps were fine, but when i got higher i would make the approach to the jump, and would slip. I couldn't make five feet, which isn't sucky, but i was having a horrible day. My steps were in the grass and i was slipping while everybody else made it over. All my emotions built up. I wanted to scream, i was so frustrated. Of course, mother and my newest sister came to the rescue. Mommy told me to take it all out on the triple jump and i did. I jumped my best all year. I was excited. My long jump wasn't the greatest on the other hand. I ended up being in the 4x200. Which i really didn't mind because it gave me more points. Tuesday came along. We finally got to Marion, on the nice rubberized track. It felt good to out the spikes and do some jumping. I took first in the triple, which i loved. And another third in the high jump with a jump of four eight. If you know me, four eight is my Achilles heel. It always takes me the second try to get over, which i am over coming. haha. When i attempted four ten, i felt like i was carrying an extra 20 pounds on my ankles. I couldn't get off the groud, i felt like mudd. That added on to everything.
The past couple days we have been talking in seminary about priesthood blessings and you should never feel like you're putting your father or whoever out of place. It's what they are here to do. To use their priesthood. On Wednesday night, my father gave me a blessing. I was told there must be opposition in all things. Our struggles make us stronger. And so on Thursday i made it to five feet. I got my jumping back. My heart was pounding throughout the whole time. I was happy that i made five foot. Five two was right there. It's calling my name. I got first in triple and second in long. And another third in high.
So today i jumped, and it was fun. I realized the fun was sucked out of it. I put so much pressure on myself to be the best. To beat my competition, i forgot how much i truly loved it. I love it, and i need to remember that. i worked on my toe pointing and arm swinging. It was fun.
I'm glad this week is almost over. Prom is tomorrow. I'll be hanging out with my friends. No prom for me, but you never know, i might crash it. haha. It's time for a fresh start this week. :]
1 comment:
Who's your newest sister?
Post a Comment