Williams Syndrome

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Graduation and State.

I can't tell you how it feels to be graduated, because it feels like a vacation from school. Come Monday, I will be up at 6:30 ready to go to school. i'll miss it most definatly. i was good at school, i had a system going. Before first hour i would haul up to Davis's room, talk, laugh at the Dear Anne page, and talk about whatever. i'll miss that the most since he's leaving for another job. But we've got facebook. haha. i was a little late for graduation. If i had to be late for one thing it would be for that. The plus side to that is that i made it to state so it was all worth it. i walked in, and was the second to last to show up from the track kids. (FYI- we had our sectional track meet). I was hot and sweaty, even though i had just showerd i still had to rush and grab something to eat on the go. Anyways, I got $1750 in scholarships. That pays for my second semester! I thought i was going to cry, but i didn't feel anything. I was happy, and i guess it hadn't struck me that this was graduation. It's still unreal. My favorite part of graduation was when Lyssa got up there and told the audience that the three track kids made it to state. Everyone was hottin and hollerin. But my most most favorite part is in the back when everyone comes through the line and talks with you. I hugged some people i've never hugged before and probably won't hug again. haha. But here comes reality.



STATE! yahoo. i can't tell you how excited i am. three years runnning and i could keep going. I was a lot more nervous this year. I think cause i put this pressure on that if i didn't make it, it would be the end of the world. Davis told me I would be fine and i have an excellent shot. I had gotten a blessing form my father, which promised me i wold jump my best and i would have fun. After the weaklings were weeded out it became fun. When i knew that i made it, i didn't care if i mssed, cause I MADE IT! We stayed to watch the 4x100 relay team, and Nick in the 400 dash. He pulled that sucker out and is coming with me. THe next one is Tommy. he was ranked first and smashed it. he broke the school record and it headed with the two of us down to state.




After i woke up from my nap today, i woke up to mother laughing and talking really loud, so i knew something was up. Whitney is also going us on the trip to state, in the 100 dash as an extra qualifier. Congrats to her.
And of course, CONGRATS TO THE CLASS OF 2009!

1 comment:

DJ said...

Congrats Erin!! You're all grown up and so successful! Way to go girl!! I'm so happy for you! Are you going to BYU-I?? Good luck at State. I'll be thinking of you! Love you lots. I"m so proud of you little Er! Can't believe you are actually graduated from High School. Where does the time go!?!?!
Have fun! Love ya lots.
Sista Freddie!