
We headed off, stopping for my potty breaks, and finally eating dinner in Tomah. I had a delectable meal at Perkins. Of course it was french toast, and berries. It was the time when all of us were together, and we could start poking fun at each other. We dropped the blueberries from my meal, in Lyssa's coke, and in her sour cream. Made Tommy each grape jelly on his burger. We laughed a lot. And I got to be with my bestie. We finally got to LaCrosse by eight, and got in our dorms. Once again, everyone came into our room, were we had set up the DVD player with the speakers so we could watch movies. our first movie of the night was Baby Mama. Lyssa hasn't seen it so we had to watch it. We had moved our beds, so Lyssa was on her bed with Tommy at the end curled up, me on my bed, and then Whit with Nick slammed against the wall. Most of them ended up falling asleep by the end, so we kicked them out and we went to bed.
Friday morning came way to early. And it was Tommy's birthday! So we woke him and Nick up early, singing happy birthday in an annoying bird voice. =] I couldn't get comfortable during the night. We had breakfast at the campus, which was way to expensive for what we each got, since all of us athletes, except Tommy, had to participate. We got down to the track, and ordered shirts, while Davis and mommy got our numbers. We laid around for a while, before the meet started. i had to wait until 11 of 12 to actually jump, because they only had one pit this year, so the D. 2 girls went first. I was feeling good. Spent some time warming up, even though i was already hot. During this time we watched Whitney run her 100, she places eighth, so she moved on, and we watched Nick, he placed 14th.

I finally got to jump. i made my first two jumps, but there must be a curse on the bar or something, cause every year at state i can not get five foot. i have no idea. It looks easy enough when i get up there, but i can't get over. My first two attempts, were good but kicked it off. My third was UGLY! A nice way to end the season and my high school career. As I came off the mat, I could feel the tears coming, but sucked them back. I talked to Davis then, went at sat down. He came over not to long after and the tears were coming again. I ended up getting 11th. Not what i wanted but better than last year. But I am ranked 11th in the state in D. 3 high jump. That's awesome! We had left to go back to the dorms, and mother and I went to get a snack before dinner. We went to Famous Daves for supper. It was good. I wasn't that hungry, like always, but I had chicken strips and wedges. My crocs were giving out on me, so we went to the mall and found some new shoes, and just looked around. We got back to the dorm and went in the basement of the dorms and played B.S. then, it was originally Lyssa, Tom, and me who started Hide n Seek, but soon everyone played. That was fun. haha. That night Lyssa, Davis and I ended up in Davis's room talking until 11:30. Talking about college, friends, telling dumb stories, and such. It was fun to hang out with Daivs before he would leave us for Monroe. Then Lyssa and I went back into our room to find Nick and Whitney sleeping. We woke nick up and kicked him out.
Saturday was cold and rainy. We skipped breakfast at the campus and went to Kwik Trip's hot breakfast, which was so much better. I was getting cold and soaked just sitting under the umbrella, so I went into the bathroom where in was warm, in the last stall, and waited. Mother came and got me and we went to the car. Eventually Tommy came. I fell asleep, and so did Tommy. I woke up to Tommy's cell phone, telling us that Whitney was about to race. We hopped out and walked to the stadium. We watched Whit in her finals, and she took 9th. But we are still proud of her. Than went back into the car for a good couple of hours. Eventually Tom had to leave us to warm-up, so we waited til they were on the men's 300 hurdles. We stood up up at the top to watch. Tommy raced like a machine. He took third in his heat, which placed him third overall. It was awesome. We all exchanged hugs, and took some pictures. We eventually got on the road, got some food, filled the cars us with gas, and got back on the road.


This was my favorite state experience. i was with some hilarious people. We hit each other with lots of Tootsie Rolls, and sandals, with some Taro card readings, and making fun of people, but I had a blast.
No comments:
Post a Comment