Williams Syndrome

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Life of an Official.

Being an official has it's bad and good points. Like being paid a good chunk of money for an hour to three hours worth of work. I'm not going to complain about that, but I better be paid so well if I have to deal with stupid people. The down side, is the stupid people who think they know what to call and want to harshly critique you. Today I worked in Shawano officiating for a tournament that the Hoops program put together. The first three game where fine. Nothing really to complain about, but the fourth game was pain. It wasn't the kids, it was the coach. He was being a douche and it was getting to me. I had made some calls that I had seen and he didn't agree with me, telling me that I needed to learn the rules of basketball. This happened twice, when I told him that I call what I see. I should have gave him a big T since he was getting stupid. There was like five seconds in the game and I called a foul on his team. My fingers weren't working with my mouth and I put up 35 instead of 53. The coach proceeded to tell me that I should have that number memorized. I wanted to junk punch him. I blew it off and when the game was over, I got my stuff and left as quickly as possible. I didn't want to have to deal with anyone. You have to know that the kids were in third grade and they are learning. Catching the mistakes helps them become better. But whatever. If that coach thinks I need to learn the rules, than he needs to learn how to be respectful, or his dang mouth is going to get him in trouble.

No comments: