Williams Syndrome

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Building Temples.


For the past month or so, I've been feeling crafty. A long time ago, my mom taught me and my sister, Sammi, how to bead temples. At first, all I did was the little baby ones, but one day I decided I'd test myself. Two sister missionaries (Dawna (Fredriksen) Jensen and her companion) came to our house for the 4th of July, and I made them both a Nauvoo Temple. It only took me a few days of re-doing and gluing and it was completed. Now, I'm a beading machine. A few weeks ago, I constructed the Oakland Temple. About a week after that, the Jordan River Temple was done. (That was a beast.) And today I made the Twin Falls Temple. My old FHE brother is getting married this spring, and so the roommates and I are headed to his wedding... in Twin Falls. So this temple is for him and his soon-to-be wife. I thought the Jordan River was a beast, but without a pattern this one was a challenge. But here it is completed and looking mighty AWESOME! These beaded temple keep a constant reminder for me of what I desire. After watching General Conference and listening to Elder Oaks, this is my desire; to be married in the temple and to receive the blessings of eternal life. :)

2 comments:

Mont and Dawna said...

Erin, you are awesome. I Love these Temples and for the last couple years it's been a goal of mine to make one myself. I wish you lived closer to me so you could guide me through the steps---it's intimidating to me.
The one you gave me has been my daughters night light in her room since she was born. She loves it! I love it and I really want to make another. Good on you for being so ambitious and getting these ones made they are beautiful. Just like you!!!

Katie Webber said...

That is so cool!! I want to learn how to do that!