Williams Syndrome

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Burg.

Well it is official. I am back in Rexburg. When we drove into my apartment complex, it felt like I had never left. The only thing is, is that I'm on the 2nd floor and all my roommates are new. I don't know any of them. They came and rushed me when I got in the door. They were excited I was here. I think I'll be the tame one of the apartment. I think I'm the oldest too. That feels weird because that has never happened. It was a crazy mess when I got here though. My manager had moved me around all over, before settling me in 219. 
On Saturday we got here, unpacked a little, then headed over to Joe and Nicole's for dinner and company. They are a blast to be with. It's nice to have them right down the road. After, we headed to Idaho Falls by the family. We laughed some more and finally called it a night after midnight. This morning came way to early. I kept waking up thinking about how Sammi would finally drop me off today and how I didn't want her to go. I wanted to crawl back in the car and head back down to Utah with her. These seven weeks went by too fast, but I am ready to get school out of the way and go home for Christmas. I really really really miss the family. I held it together when Sammi finally said goodbye. I'll see her next month, but it is still sad to leave even though she's 4 hours away. Don't worry, next time I see her, she may have that baby. One can hope, right?
On our way up here, we stopped in Brigham City to eat lunch and go past the temple. We each took our picture in front of the temple. We even tried to put the timer on, but that failed multiple times. We figured we each got a picture with the temple, so that's all good. Sammi said she doesn't take pictures alone, but after all she wasn't, Evelyn was there too! Little did we know that Brigham City was having some sort of parade/carnival thing, so one of the main roads to I-15 was blocked off. We sat in traffic for about 45 minutes. That took a chunk out of our day. 
I was the D.J. of the road trip. We sang along to many jams, including The Swan Princess, The Chipmunk Adventure, Disney Princess songs, mixes, and of course, our favorite, Beauty and the Beat. (Evelyn is only going to be soothed by that song because that's all that Sammi jams out too). 
I've been working on my Spanish as of late. BYU-Idaho's library website has a place where you can lean languages through online lessons for free. I've already had two. I'm very good at saying "Hello. What is your name?" I'm going to be pro by the time I'm done. Well not really, but I'd like to think so. 
School starts in the morning. I'm not sure if I'm ready for all that it has to offer, but oh well. Two more semesters. I don't include this one though. :)
Did everyone else enjoy Elder Holland's talk for the CES broadcast? It was great.
Good night and good luck. 

2 comments:

Nicky Kaye said...

Seriously, if you need anything our door is always open to you...just let us know and we'll be there for you!

Clare said...

Don't forget to take your class schedule to the art department today! :)