Williams Syndrome

Monday, December 17, 2012

Home.

After a 40+ hour adventure home, it feels so good to sleep and be warm. Usually it takes about 22ish hours, maybe a little bit more to get home. This time around, it took a whole lot longer. It felt long due to the fact that there was no working heat in the car. We all cuddled in blankets and made a stop in Bismarck, North Dakota for the night in a warm hotel room. We ventured out in the morning with the intention of being home around 7:30 that night. Did that happen? Nope. About an hour on the road the engine got really hot. We pulled over, waited for it to cool down and made a phone call to dad. We figured everything was fine. About   a mile down the road, it did it again. Another phone call was made and Jeff did some tweeking. About 25 miles later, we lost acceleration, fluids were everywhere, and the engine was smoking. Good-bye car. A phone call to dad and then one to the police and we were on the side of the interstate waiting for help. The officer got there within a reasonable time. We warmed up in the back of the squad. The tow truck came and he took us to Valley City to be picked up by the local stake president. We will forever be grateful for their sacrifice and hospitality. We waited for them while mom and Andrew came to our rescue. 3:15 on Sunday morning we were home. We had left Friday afternoon around 12:30 and got home Sunday morning. Yikes. But the Lord blessed us. So many miracles and tender mercies we experienced on the trip. We definitely were being watched over.
Home has been good. I like to be home. I have my first game tomorrow. By choice? Nope. I'm filling in for dad. I'll make the best of it for a $40.00 paycheck for about an hour. Maybe buy me some new pants. We'll see. I do have to save up for school and money to get back out to Idaho in March. About 10 weeks here and then I'm hoping to be back out west with my main squeeze and cousins. I'm excited. 
Here's some pictures from our adventure home...
Waiting for Officer Friendly to show up.
Tow truck status.
Happy to be out of the car and in warmth.

No comments: