Williams Syndrome

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mom.

I've got the best mom in the world. Sorry ya'll but that's a fact. She's amazing. I want to be just like her when I grow up. I've got some big shoes to fill if that's the case. It's a good thing that when she gets old and fragile, that I get to take care of her and push her around in a wheel chair. 
Yesterday I was reminiscing with a friend about track. We were at a track meet and were reliving the glory days. It was fun. Watching the boys high jump made me miss it. Watching the girls run the 400 didn't make me miss it all. Haha. One of the worst races ever. I'm just saying. It made me think of how awesome it was to have my mother as my coach. Always there helping me, pushing me, and letting me vent out my jumping frustrations to her. She was there at every meet which was nice. My brother gets that now too. I hope he takes benefit of that. Now she's the head coach. Coach's favorite. I was. All four years I was. But it meant a lot. 
Yesterday I had made Christian a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It got me talking about how when we were little, how mom would make us all our PB&J sandwiches before school. We'd have to tell what kind of jelly/jam we wanted or if we wanted crunchy peanut butter of not. Tom always had the grape jelly. How blessed that she did that for us for a long time. How lucky I am to have such a wonderful mother. 
I act a lot like her. I see it a lot. I don't find it to be a bad thing... Well not all the time. Haha. I am my mother's daughter after all. I can't help it. 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Glad to know I'm not all bad. hehe