Williams Syndrome

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013

I think my biggest accomplishment of the year was graduating from college. That hands down was the best and biggest. Even the Year in Review button on Facebook says it is as well. Otherwise my year was eventful in it's own ways. I finished up my last year as an official with WIAA. Honestly, that was kind of bittersweet in a way. I absolutely loved working with my dad. I also did enjoy working for some of the athletic directors and with some of the other officials. It was nice being complimented for doing a good job, but also for not being scared to officiate a basketball game. It's quite intimidating. It's a man's game and more competitive then I thought. 
I then traveled alone, on a airplane, back out to Idaho to spend the last of the winter semester with Christian. I stayed with my cousins, who are blessings in my life. Christian too. I learned so much from dating him, by the way he is and the way that I am. I learned a lot from him. He taught me a lot about the Atonement and how powerful it is. We had lots of discussions about it. He's helped me a long in my journey this year. I'm grateful for the opportunity. 
The spring semester started and I was reunited with my best friends. The semester didn't go as I had planned. Even though I spent a lot of time out of the apartment, I still bonded with my roommates. We became closer and farther apart, for some. I learned that even when you are surrounded by members of the Church, sometimes you have to stand up to them and protect your standards. It was rough during some patches, but I learned a lot.
 
Home for the summer is always nice. I love my family so it was nice to be back for a few weeks before I flew back out for school. Oh how I love Wisconsin. There is such beauty there. Green too! I love my hometown. Yes, it's small and most of us are related, but it's home. There is excitement I feel when I get off on Leopolis road to go home. I worked for  my grandfather for a few weeks. That job has been a blessing to me. How kind my mother is to give up working at the mill, so that her poor daughter can make some money for groceries. I know how much she loves it; sitting out there, listening to the wonderful voices that fill the break room. But I will say this, nothing beats having your grandfather come  in and give you a hug and kiss in the morning. But also him allowing me to drive the Hemi to go get the mail. That's a granddaughter bonus.
Fall semester came and went. New roommates again. Once again, it was time for adjusting to new people and new personalities. First impressions are not always correct. But I gained a couple of buddies by the time I left for good. We had lots of fun this semester. Lots of laughs and teasing each other. We're so nice to one another.
Once again, I've been blessed by having my sister and her family here in Provo, to take me in for an extended period of time. It's a good thing I eat like a bird so Sammi doesn't have to buy extra groceries. Blessed and truly grateful. I'd be homeless and very poor otherwise. Or just be back in Wisconsin. I'm glad I'm out here though, spreading my wings and making a name for myself. 
Finally, I'm forever grateful for my Savior and His sacrifice in my behalf. I couldn't have done this year without Him. Life is better with Him in it. So so so grateful. 

No comments: