Williams Syndrome

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Manti.

This last weekend I had the opportunity to go to Manti for our ward temple trip. Let me tell you. Riding on a bus for almost two hours is not my idea of fun. I could do it as a teenager when we'd be off to a sporting event, but now, I can't do it. I know, I'm only 23 but I don't like it. Honestly, I'd rather be in an airplane. That's saying a lot for me. Originally I had planned on not going. I didn't want to give up all of my Saturday to go since our session wasn't until five in the evening. Plus, I had planned on going to the temple up the street instead. Well, my roommate and I talked a little bit before she left and she tried to convince me to go but I declined. Ten minutes later, she comes back, with her home teacher, who is like the cutest guy ever. He's great. Anyways, he sweet talks me into going and so I get my skirt on and we head out the door. I kept telling them how embarrassed I am cause I was just sitting on the couch in my robe, playing a game. I even told him later on that it was more embarrassing because an attractive man was standing in my doorway and I looked the way I did. 
Anyways, so we get on the bus about 15 minutes later and we are off. I totally forgot to take my Dramamine but I did good. But I knew we were stopping for pizza and I forgot my Lactaid. I knew it'd be good pizza, which means I would need to more than ever. One piece was enough to make me feel yucky for the rest of the night. But it was fun to socialize with others in my ward and get to know the bishopric better. We stopped in Ephraim for pizza and we took a group photo. And yes, I'm the girl with the giant bun on her head.


It was just a ten minute ride to Manti and then we were off. Since we couldn't get in early to our session, we just walked the temple grounds. I called mom and talked with her for a while, then went off to study my scriptures. It was a long hour and a half until five. But it was nice to have the baptistery to ourselves. The temple has lots of charm from being so old. It was nice to be able to go. I am grateful that Michelle brought Nick back to sweet talk me into going. His face helped, but it was nice to just be involved. I had a sweet experience there and I will treasure this moment in my life. Even though we got home later on in the evening, we still had time to watch Frozen with our friends. It was a wonderful weekend and I look forward to what the Lord has in store for me. He's blessed me so much so far so more blessings and experiences to come. 


1 comment:

Heidi said...

So glad you blogged about this. I hope you write the details in your journal.