My dearest Hermana is on her way to Wisconsin right now! I can't wait to see her face and TALK to her on the phone! I'm so excited! So here I am blogging from my apartment in Rexburg, Idaho. :(
On the lighter note. Today was a great day. It was my ward's temple day, which we were given the 6AM session. My roommate Jessica and I went to the temple together. I had such a good time being there today. My favorite moment of the session was sitting in the chapel, thinking about my future, thinking about getting married. Once again, the desire came to me that I need to be married in the temple. There's no other option. It got even better throughout the day. My personal achievement class was awesome. We talked about what we believe today. The Spirit was definitely present today. Devotional was SOOOOO good! Elder Bateman shared with us today about the creation and blessings about the temple. It was the best devotional ever! I almost started crying. Now that's saying something. ;) I came home and got some of my homework done and then went out with Loey. I was sustained on Sunday as a Sunday School teacher. Today I was set apart. Oh boy does my Heavenly Father know me. I'm going to have fun with this calling. I pull my resources from my seminary teacher mother, and I'll have a kick butt lesson.
P.S. I'm loving this commercial lately. Enjoy!
2 comments:
That is so sad to me...you in ID your sister home now in WI. Oh well you will finally get to talk to her when ever you want and that is going to be amazing in itself. 18 months is a long time when you are close friends with a sister!
Your calling was my first in college too. I was scared out of my mind to teach all the cute, much smarter than me, RM boys. But I made it through and now 11 years later I'm teaching Gospel Doctrine in my family ward and honestly even with a mission full of teaching and years of seminary teaching...I was still almost in tears at the thought of teaching Sunday School to past Bishops, present Bishop, High Council members and all sorts of leaders who seem way more qualified. But it's ok. It works and I love the calling and you will too! Good Luck...I have some resources and great insight websites that someone recommended to me that could help you too if your interested...email me or something...I'm sitting down right now to prep the next 2 Sunday lessons (because I have multiple lessons to prepare for subbing four days of release time Seminary next week too..I'm swamped...but I could help you if you want too :)
Anyway...rambled enough but Good Luck in your new Calling...YOu are going to be amazing in there!
Love ya lots Er!!!
What a BIZZARE commercial!
Post a Comment