Williams Syndrome

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

General Conference.

This time for General Conference, mom and dad decided to drive out to bring some items for Sammi and Jeff. I also had them bring out some goodies for me as well. Mom and dad pulled into Rexburg a little after nine on Wednesday night. I was planning on going down with Lauren on Friday after classes but I realized and was persuaded by my roommates to go down with the parents. I finished all the necessary homework and packed my bags. I headed with mom and dad to IF to sleep at Al and Jack's. We woke up on Thursday morning and headed for Utah. It was nice to be with them. We stopped in West Jordan to see some old friends and then continued onto Provo. It was fun to see Sammi and Jeff again. I FINALLY got to meet Annie, the long lost sister. She makes sister #5. Mom, Dad and I went out to dinner that night. We decided upon Chili's. None of us have ever gone there before, so it was a new experience. My dad even embarrassed me. Can you imagine that? We had a very handsome waiter. My dad was busy talking to him, asking him, what brought him out to Utah. His reply? LDS women. At least he's honest. So our waiter leaves and then comes back. My dad, pulls a fast one and told this handsome man, that he could make a trip up to Rexburg and he'd set him up with a beautiful girl. Thanks dad. Anyways, it was funny and our waiter said he'd have to "mullet over." Eh mom? Anyways, Jordan, our waiter, was the joke of the weekend. Whenever someone asked if we had Conference tickets, we said no, because Jordan was coming with us. 
Friday was shopping dad. I finally got my book that I've been wanting for a really long time. Jeff and Sammi got groceries and it was pretty chill. We did end up crashing the Wisconsin Milwaukee Mission Reunion. That was fun because, we got to see all those old missionaries that served in Gresham. Lauren finally got to the apartment. And then we went to bed.
Conference was amazing. We had tickets to Saturday and Sunday afternoon. We had excellent seats. I guess that's one of the perks of being the Stake President's daughter. So, for our Girls Night Out on Saturday, we stayed home and watch the Badgers crush the Cornhuskers. It was awesome. 
Sunday morning we headed up to Salt Lake and watched Conference at a dear friend's home. They gave us the best treats. After Conference, Lauren, the girls and I headed back up to Rexburg. It was sad to leave the parents and the seester and broster, but we'll see them soon enough. It was such a fun weekend, with lots of laughs and memories. Can't wait for next October. It's only tradition, since I'm not out West during the annual General Conference.

2 comments:

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

i'm so glad you had such a great weekend! it sounds busy and fun and filled with your wonderful family! i'm sorry i didn't get to see you or talk to you more, but i am really so glad i got to see you. you make my heart so happy. i'm blessed to call you my sister!

love you!!