Williams Syndrome

Monday, November 7, 2011

Today.

Okay. I deal with anxiety. It all started when I was ten. I have had my rough moments, but I have also been blessed by it. Today was a rough moment. I had went to class, and five minutes into class, I got up and left. I called my mom and talked to her about it. Then, I went into the bathroom of the Taylor and cried. I felt like a fool for crying in the empty bathroom. I decided that I needed to go home and work it all out. I called Megan and she came and rescued me. I couldn't be more grateful for her willingness to serve me. I came home, cried some more, felt defeated, and then talked with Megan. We then searched for natural/home remedies to relieve anxiety. It was just confirmed what I already know. Now, it's about time that I put everything into practice. I then remembered the words of my uncle, who also deals with anxiety. He had once told me that he will set a time to think about it, then go on with his life. I am going to do that. I need to get back on learning how to control it again. Talking about it and writing about my troubles have always helped me. So here I am writing about my anxiety. I recall the blessing that was given to me by my cousin before he left on his mission. He had told me that the Lord understands what I am going through, for He went through it himself. Also, to remember how you feel when you pray. Take time to listen. I am so grateful for the Priesthood in my life. It has blessed me so many times and it is something that I want/need in my household. 
For my Home and Family Management class, we have to come up with a personal improvement plan. So this is my plan, to keep my thoughts positive, to never let the negative beat me up and push me back under the water. The Lord will help me get through. I find strength and comfort in reading the scriptures and feasting upon them. After letting out my tears and concerns, I feel like I can take on the world. 
“The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.” ― Marjorie Pay Hinckley
 

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I hope your day today is better. I know sometimes I need a good cry and even at times my own personal "pity-party." As long as I don't spend my day stuck in it, I'm good. I love you sweetie!

Amy said...

Erin I love that you wrote this! I was reading another blog recently and the person said that she would write down everything she was worried about and would allow herself five or ten minutes at the beginning and end of each day to really worry about those things. But the rest of the day she tried really hard to not think about those things. And you mentioned doing basically the same thing! I think I should try it.

Likes Laughs said...

So sorry Erin...I feel your pain, believe me I do! (Darn nana for giving us these anxiety genes) Hope your day goes a little better and if you ever need an out or a bit of home...you know you are always welcome!