Williams Syndrome

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Class.

For my Home and Family Management class, my teacher has asked us to do a practitioner's  project. I decided to do mine on disabilities. I had to give a presentation about my subject and come up with an idea to help others to be more informed. Since my topic was about disabilities in the family, I thought that my whole life would be counted as a project. But I decided that I would link a page to my blog that goes into detail about what my brother, Tom, has. I knew growing up that he was different and I knew the name of his syndrome, but I really didn't know anything about it. So today I posted my first page on research that I have found. So take a look. It's a link on the side of my blog. :)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Tom was diagnosed at 10 months but I knew much earlier that there was a problem as he missed so many milestones. Also, my info was 1 in 20,000 live births. Of course, when Tom was first diagnosed they told us it was a form of mental retardation and that has since changed to "severe learning disability." I can see that as Tom continually learns new things and remembers old things. He doesn't have to be trained, he can be taught. (Just like dogs)hehe

Heidi said...

Sorry Erin, my comment published 5 times so I deleted a bunch.