Well I cheated. There was no way that I was going to finish Anna Karenina. I went via the route of movie. I found the movie, starring Vivien Leigh, so I had to rent it and watch her in action as playing Anna. I came to the conclusion, that finishing the book would have taken my whole life. I'm so glad I got the movie to watch. The movie even came with a guide/summary of the book, to help me get through. It was a pretty decent movie. It was so much easier to visualize what was going on, then reading did. I do wish that I would have more ambition to get through it, but now I've changed direction. But all I can say about Anna Karenina, is that there is a lot of ups and downs that goes on. You'll be thinking that this is how it's going to turn out, but then it takes you somewhere else. Crazy love affairs. Literally. My dad even watched it with me. It was bonding time before we had more bonding time officiating. But now I've switched directions and have begun reading Grimm's Fairy Tales. I've read most of the "Disney" ones. Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, etc. I love how Disney takes the tale and changes it into a happy ending. Not all Grimm's tales end in tragedy. The Frog Prince had a decent ending.
I can't believe this month is almost over with. Four more weeks of officiating. It's winding down, but at the same time, is picking up. I have a lot more games in February than I did in January. After having the cold/flu bug, and watching many movies, I'd say January has been good to me. I'm just waiting on the blizzard. I really want one, but I know snow won't come until April or something ridiculous like that. P.S. Dad and I scored big at the DQ today. We both over $80.00 worth of ice cream and got it all for $43.00. Oh how I love DQ Customer Appreciation Day. It's like my next favorite day, next to my birth. :)
Anyways, here's a picture.

No comments:
Post a Comment