Williams Syndrome

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Madre.

First of all, we don't celebrate this day in our house. 
Today in Sunday School we went around the room and said what our mothers have taught us. I was the last one to go. I never like to say what other people have already said, so I came up with something good, that fits my mother perfectly. 
One of the many things that my mother taught me was to be grateful every day for the things I have. To  be honest, I've never really thought about it until now. My mom doesn't have a mom to celebrate mother's day with. One of my dearest friends, lost her mom about a year ago to cancer. I'm so grateful for my mom, that she is here. My mom is my best friend. I'll call her every day, sometimes even multiple times a day, because I just want to talk with her. I guess it makes it feel like I'm still there sitting next to her, playing Words With Friends. 
My mom taught me to love to gospel.
My mom taught me the importance of always having a temple recommend. 
My mom taught me to honor the Priesthood.
My mom taught me about love.
My mom taught me to love.
My mom taught me about service.
My mom taught me to laugh. Archimedes. :)
My mom taught me to love Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals.
My mom taught me to high jump.
My mom taught me to be the temp at the Fiber.
There's just 10 things of what my mother has taught me.
She's like Mary Poppins, perfect in every way. 
Ooooo. London. Ooooo.
I love my mother. 

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Thanks for this touching/funny/goofy post. I love you sweetie and I'm so glad you call every day.

Clare said...

Weirdo! You get that from your mother, too!