This past weekend was much needed. I had gotten to that point where I didn't want to do anything anymore. I needed get out of Rexburg and go have some fun with my sister. That's what I did. And I didn't even want to come back to reality. I only ended up skipping two classes. It would have been three, but my teacher was nice and cancelled on of my Friday classes.
Thursday afternoon, my friend and I departed from Rexburg. In the evening, we arrived in Provo. I was home alone for a few hours so I finished up some homework, took a shower, ate some food, and chilled out on the couch until the Fillmore duo got home. We laughed and talked and went to bed.
Friday, I had to wake up early to take Sammi to work. I was fine with that. Jeff had his class, so I was once again home alone for a few hours. I did some more homework, wrote a paper to be exact and finished up the online business. Sammi came home and brought me Sonic. Delicious. We did a little grocery shopping then.
Saturday. Rain rain rain, go away. When it finally stopped, I put some pants on and headed out the door for a nice stroll around the neighborhood. I walked up to the temple and around, came back down. I figured I was safe by walking up and around the temple. I didn't want to get jumped at all. Sheesh. I came back to the apartment, grabbed the basketball and shot some hoops. I'm dang good. Those few rounds I played before I came back out to school paid off. Sammi came home and I was sick of being at the apartment, so we went shopping. I mainly wanted to go to Forever 21 to get some headbands. Which we did. We wandered around. Saw that boy in all his glory, working. Got me all flustered and everything. Story of my life. Picked Jeff up from work, went grocery shopping, came home to watch a movie, and fell asleep.
Sunday. A singles' ward besides my own. It was a different experience. Since Jeff is in the bishopric, Sammi goes with him. I kept her company this time. I don't remember how many times I was asked if I was a visitor. Sammi too. Church was good. Came home to Mac n Cheese and a nap. After Sammi and I awoke, we covered some strawberries and ate over half. Jeff finally got home and we had our cookout, with cheddies, brats, beans, and chips. Delicious. We took another walk, upon my request, back up to the temple. We came home and played What if. Good game. highly recommended if a laugh is needed.
Monday came and I didn't want to go back to Rexburg. Sammi had the day off. We bummed around for a while. Made some more chocolate covered strawberries. Took a nap. Finished off the bag of Doritos. I went outside to lay in the grass, but before doing so was attacked by a hummingbird. My life flashed before my eyes. After laying out for a little bit, Sammi and I decided to go on a walk down the the Creamery to get cheese and meat for a casserole. We wandered around campus for a while. Got bombarded by EFY children. Then headed back up the hill to the snow shack for a large snow cone. It was excellent. Evening rolled around, Jeff got home. My friend came to pick me up. Said my goodbyes and welcomed Rexburg back a little after midnight.
Don't worry. I'm planning to be back down in Provo at the end of June. :)
And I watched too much Juno.



No comments:
Post a Comment