Williams Syndrome

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Birthday.

This was how my one of my friends, Alyssa, wished my a happy birthday.
I know she really cares.
Anyways, since my birthday was about the same as last year, I didn't expect too much. But it was nice to be surrounded by a lot more of my family. In case you didn't know, last year, my sister got married the day before my birthday, with the reception on my actual birthday. This year, my cousin got married the day before my birthday, and the party continued on my birthday. Once again, my birthday wasn't about me. I did get sang to a lot and was able to have a LOT of family with me. My parents were here, cousins galore, aunt and uncle, and close family friends. Oh! And my Papa was out here too.
I spent the day at a Stake Conference and then in the car, back to Provo for four hours, and at my cousin's house in Springville. Not to mention, the laughter that came out of us girls in the back seat. Dad has an iPhone, so we asked Siri lots of questions. She's not as smart as you think.
Yesterday we spent the day running errands. Lots and lots of errands. We did meet up with the Barretts. I LOVE them. They treated us to Brick Oven, where I got sang to and had a huge piece of chocolate, whipped cream pie. It was good. I picked at it, so my insides wouldn't bother me. 
I've never really seen my father laugh, like silent, crying, laughter. For FHE we played Skip-Bo. Mom won both rounds, so we all decided  to play a new game: Scrabble Slam. We went over the rules and I even told Mom that this game wouldn't be a good one to play with us. So we started. It then became a laughter fest, between Sammi, dad, and I. We couldn't stop laughing. I got to the point where I couldn't breathe. That hasn't happened in a while. But it was even better to see my dad laugh like that. He said he'd never laugh like that again. I highly doubt that. It ended with ice cream from the Creamery and The Hunger Games.
It was hard to see my parents go back home. I wish I could have gone with them, to be home for just a little bit. It felt like a chunk of me left with them. Less than 4 months left. Oh to be home...
This was the sign I made for them when we picked them up from the airport.

No comments: