Williams Syndrome

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Flowers.

Well I thought I would be ending my career at the Flower Patch, but I received a text today for a part time job. I'll take it! I should be hearing back this week about the job at Seven Peaks. I'm anxiously awaiting the decision. So in the mean time, I'll be working a few hours here and there doing what I've been doing at the Flower Patch. I figure since the Valentine's Day season is over and done with, thank goodness, business will go back to normal and I'll be able to breathe at work and actually take a break to eat lunch/dinner. I had thought about not taking it and just waiting around for this other job to come through, but I decided I can't do that. Taking this part time job would allow me to get extra cash on the side. I could work days here and there and it'd be nice. Build up my savings. A call to my mother helped a lot. Seriously. I don't know what I'd do without her help. 
Let me tell you about how the Lord's hand is in my life. I applied for this job at Seven Peaks two weeks ago. It was on a Sunday night. A couple days later, I go back into work and am doing my normal routine, when my coworker asks me if I know this woman. I said the name sounds familiar and she tells me that she is the HR director for Seven Peaks in Provo. I chime in and say that I just applied for the HR assistant job the other day. Come to find out these two people are sisters. She told me that she was putting in a character reference for me. I was so grateful. After telling my mom about the whole situation, she tells me that sisters are honest with one another when it comes to talking about other people. Well, that character reference was golden and I got a face to face interview the following week. I answered some questions via email first and then went in. Honestly, I thought it was the worst interview I've ever done. It was even worse then the one I had to do for Facts of Life in high school. Anyways, but I didn't feel nervous after I sat down in her office. She introduced herself and it was so easy going and comfortable. I answered the questions and was so flustered I thought I killed my chances. I had the awkward moment at the end of the interview and didn't know if I should shake her hand or not. But I felt like I needed to hug her. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not a touchy person. It was so weird. So weird. I get back to work the next day and my coworker asks about the interview so I told her about it and wanting to hug her. She laughed at me. I got an email on Friday, with some more questions about if I had any vacations planned and what my thoughts were about the interview. After everything that has happened, this job feels very promising. I am trying not to get my hopes up, but everything wasn't a coincidence. The Lord's hand was in it and still is. 
This is a glorious picture of me last week at work. I'm by the dumpster, escaping the madness for a minute or two. I think this was the same day that I saw a guy going through the dumpster with his cane. Unless you want leaves and plastic wrap, you should probably dig through a different dumpster. 
And here is Miss Evie one morning when I was waking up for work. She heard my alarm (Winnie the Pooh) and jumped up and shouted Pooh! I put it on for her and then handed her off to her mother while I walked to work. She was a bit excited.
                         


No comments: