Williams Syndrome

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Eleven.

The total number of hours I worked today.
It was a crazy day, again. My coworkers and boss both commented on how they were surprised that I showed up today for work because of what all happened yesterday. We've been prepping a lot of Valentine's Day. That holiday is the devil when it comes to the flower business. Yes, it brings in the most business but it also means STRESS. Anyways, so yesterday we got in our shipment of roses. All varieties- short, medium, long roses, red, white, and pink roses. It was madness. My task, along with a few others was to clean them. We stripped the roses with the stripper, then we cut off the ends to make a clean cut with the giant paper cutter (like the one they have at church and school. that's what it looks like), then rubber band them and place them in buckets. After the buckets would fill up, we'd take them to the outside cooler. Anyways, so it was a crazy process. I started out chopping the ends and rubber banding them. Yes, my hands look like a cat attacked me, on both sides. It was painful, but it had to get done so I just pushed through. I got home, showered, and didn't realize how bad my hands were until I woke up this morning. They look even worse and I could find where all the cuts were with hand sanatizer. Devil roses and devil hand sanatizer. 
I didn't realize how bad they hurt until I woke up this morning and stretched my hands out. Yes, painful.
Today was crazy too. I've been going in at nine. Today we got the rest of the shipment of flowers that had to be processed. These are daisies, lilies, spray roses, pixies, etc. All the rest of the flowers that are included in the arrangements for Valentine's Day. I was determined to be home by four, but the shipment didn't get in until four and so processing didn't begin until about five. Three hours later we were done processing. Clean up went relatively fast. I clocked out right after eight, making it an eleven hour day. My feet hurt. Back too. I'm exhausted but I'm here, writing my work adventures. 
It's been a good experience. Besides the craziness of Valentine's Day, it's a chill environment. My boss and coworkers are fun and entertaining. I didn't realize how much work goes into a flower shop, but the creations that come out of it are amazing. I sold a 100 dollar arrangement today. I'm gaining confidence and learning so much. I had an email interview today, where I had to ask a bunch of questions before a face to face interview (if they want me to come in). Prayers are being answered. My Heavenly Father is looking out for me. Provo might become home after all. Well, home for now. Not permanent home. Yuck.

No comments: