Yeah. This is going to be the longest two weeks of my life. I've already come to that conclusion. I started my new job at UVRMC on Monday. I spent all day in orientation on Monday and then yesterday spent my time at the hospital going through lots of paperwork and going through feelings of being overwhelmed, nervous, and I can do this. Roller coaster of emotions. Today I actually get to scrub up and start hands on training. I'll be there until the morning hours and am hoping that I don't die or fall asleep. Whichever one comes first I guess. I've been trying to stay up later and later each night, but once I get home from work, I just want to crawl into bed and sleep. At least I know that I've been sleeping soundly because I don't hear Ev until she's screaming very loudly cause she has fallen out of her bed. That has been nice, but won't be nice when I don't get home until one or two in the morning.
My job assignment actually kind of makes me excited. I won't be interacting much with patients, but will be in a different part of the hospital that I didn't know existed. I've already gotten lost. It's a very big hospital. My trainer is awesome and will help me out. She's been where I've been so she knows. Lots of information being pushed at me and specific things to remember and memorize. Crazy times at the hospital.
I move out in ten days. It's crazy how fast it has come. But I'm so excited to be on my own! Also the realization that I'm graduated has hit. I knew I wouldn't experience much because I have the winter off. So this is crazy. I should be going back to Rexburg and living with my best friend. But she's married and I'm graduated so that's not going to happen. I do miss summer in Rexburg. I knew I would miss that but not the end of fall into winter. I kind of do like that too. I have so many good memories tied to Rexburg. It'll always be a part of me.
Anyways, big adventures for this girl. Kind of scared, but excited for what's coming my way.
Peace and blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment