Williams Syndrome

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bruises, Bones, and Basketball

Holiday Tournament! We placed third, just like last year. Whitney made the All-Tourney Team. YAY! I thought that was awesome. We lost a heart breaker to Menominee. It was a little rough. But it was the key things, like rebounding, that caused us to lose. But we came back with fire to win against Oneida yesterday. So that's were the bruises and bones come in. haha. I went for a steal, and I got the ball, the gril pushed me down, i tossed the ball to Briah, and all my weight landed on my knee. And our gym floor, is concreate. No give whatsoever. So i got up right away, and then bent over. Shooting pain flooded to my knee. Whit came to the rescue, and i started laughing. She helped me over to the bench, and Haffner came out to meet me. It felt like my knee cap shot through my leg. All i could do was laugh. So i sat the rest of the third quarter and the whole fourth. But i finished with eight points, so that made me happy. I can bend it, but it hurts to bring it back forward. So it was a little rough sleeping last night. But mother thinks that i have a deep bone bruise. It's not really my knee, but just a little below it. So it sucks, but I have a full week and a half before our next game, so i'm glad that there is a wait. But the bruise fits right in with the collection i have on both knees. haha. But Im praying nothing is wrong with it. And that my high jumping days are still going to be great! Cause my legs are worth a lot to me. :] So this marks a date in history. I've never gotten hurt bad before in any sport, so this is the first time. haha.

Have a Safe and Happy New Year!

No comments: