Williams Syndrome

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Life of a College Student.

I'm supposed to be doing homework, but I got out of class like a half hour ago, so give me some time to be lame. This weekend I had so so much fun. My family came out for conference and Sara and I went down to Utah so see them. When we first arrived in SLC we got to try out Tucano's. I had thought it would be meat galore, but it was yummy as it was. The turkey wrapped in bacon was my favorite, not to mention the beautiful meat servers they had.
Exhibit A:
Afterwards we split. Sam, Sara, and I headed back up to Centerville to stay at Sara's aunt and uncle's house. It was beautiful and awesome. Loved it! We played all day and night. Ate lots of yummy food, and watched a movie. Sammi had gotten a To Go Death by Chocolate cake from Tucano's which is amazing. Must try! It feeds three people. 4 Layers of chocolate goodness.
Exhibit B:

Saturday morning, Sammi made us breakfast and we got ready for Conference. We got all dolled up and made the trip back down to SLC to the Conference Center to watch the second session. It was really good and I always enjoy sitting in the conference Center whenever I can. =] It was awesome to see the Prophet, and gets the tingles when he walked into the center. AWESOME!
After conference, we continued to play. We marked our spot in the hotel, and then journied up to UofU to get the other rental car, and to make a trip to East High. It was Sara's first time, and she loved it. Who doesn't? We dropped off the rental car at the airport, got allof our things together, did some shopping then headed back to the hotel for some dinner.
Exhibit C:

Sunday morning came all too fast. It was raining and cold. We dressed for the weather and went to the Sunday morning session of conference. Some missionaries sat in front of us, and afterwards, asked them if they knew Elder Beck or Elder Rice. They told us that they gather in front of the temple by the reflecting pool. So we ventured over there and waited for them. We did see both of them, and it was fun to see them as Elders.
Exhibit D:
After that, we headed back up to Idaho. Sara dropped Sammi and I off at the Likes' house and we played with their family. Nichola and Cory came, and so did Lo. It was fun and we had many laughs playing games and reminissing about the good ole times. The next morning the family drove me up to Rexburg. Daddy installed some stuff on my computer, mom took the rest down to the bookstore. I had to get to class so I said goodbye to dad.
All in all, it was a very fun weekend. Now I have to get back into the swing of things. Classes, reading, dying all together. haha. I'll see them in a month, when Sammi becomes a missionary and they head up here once more. =] I love my family!
P.S.- It snowed here yesterday. I guess winter is rapidly approaching. Yikes!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

It was fun to be with you even if it wasn't very long. You can keep the snow in the burg too. I asked Andy if it was a prerequisite to be good looking to be a meat server at Tucanos. I told him that the 3 of you enjoyed the scenery very much.

Sammi said...

P.S. I took them to the bookstore, thank you very much.