There's an episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, that I've always liked to watch. Sabrina goes with her aunts to a Halloween party in the Other Realm and her aunts give her a present. She gets to spend an hour or so with someone who is dead. After much debate between her and her aunts, she picks her grandma. For an hour, I want to have that to be me. I was reading a post that I had written over a year or so ago about how much I missed my Nana. Tears poured out. And I cried. Just to spend an hour with her would be nice, but I realized, that I bet a million dollars, that my mom is like her in many ways. Which makes me love my mom even more. I'm so grateful for all that she has done for me and the help and guidance that she has given me. For her patience when I rant and rave about how my life sucks. About how wonderful my life is and for the times when we have talks about the gospel. It's wonderful to know that one day, I will see my Nana again, and to talk about her life and history.
I had the opportunity this past spring semester to take a Family History class. It was awesome and I gained so much. For our mid-term project we had to pick a family member, dead or alive, to make a book about. I picked my grandmother, and collected information from sources. I never knew so much about her. She was an extraordinary person, and was devoted to the gospel. How great of a legacy she has left. It was nice to get to know her, and to look and admire at the journey she took in this life.
(And let the record show, that I'm not "stone cold". I do have a heart. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment