I don't really have much to blog about. It's been one of those weeks where nothing happened besides going to work. Oh! Wait, I do have something.
Being a basketball official has some advantages. Besides the pay that comes and the little hours a person has to work for that pay, the other perk is being in charge and having the authority in a game. Here I am, this 21 year old, with the power to kick grown men and women out of games for disrespecting me. Power, I tell you. Haha. I try to be patient in my games and have to use so much of that authority. But there are some things that you just can't let slide. On Friday night, I got to call my first intentional foul. I've called a technical before. It was a weak technical call. A girl in a junior high game had slammed the ball down and walked off. I gave her a technical. It wasn't this adrenaline rush or anything. I was like, seriously? Anyways, on Friday night, a girl had stolen the ball from the home team, initial fouled her, but then grabbed her jersey to pull her back and then shoved her down. She got the X! (That's the sign that you make with your arms). Oh man! It was intense. I felt the power. Haha. I could have had one before. A few weeks ago, in a junior high game, the home team, had the ball stolen from then and the girl ran up behind the opposing team's girl and shoved her really hard. Dad took that one away from me. At least we're even now for the season. Four games left. Yes!
22 days until I fly back West. I'm looking forward to that day. Not the flying part, but the being able to see that boy of mine and my family and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment