I'm so grateful for wonderful roommates. Oh goodness, today has been eventful.
I woke up feeling good. I did wake up earlier than I typically do for a Friday. Since it's my day off, I sleep in for a bit longer. Not today though. I had been awake for a few hours and then I started to feel awful. My medicine wasn't kicking in and I was miserable. I called my mom in tears. It's the worst when you don't feel good and you're away from your mom. Anyways, so as I try and hold back the tears, I crawl my way to the bathroom. I wanted the cold floor for my hot body. And then I was cold. I called out for my roommate who was sitting out in the living room. She brought me my pillow and water bottle. Later on she brought me my blanket and a cool, wet rag for my face. I looked dead. I had mom on speaker phone now, just talking to me to distract me. I had enough of feeling miserable. I called out again for my roommate. I asked her if she could call someone to come over and give me a blessing. My other roommate had come home, saw me laying on the bathroom floor and asked if she could help me out. I needed my other water bottle so I could actually drink and not dump it down my face and shirt. Both of them are wonderful. I'm grateful for my mom and her distracting me and also for a wonderful friend who also distracted me after I got off the phone with my mom.
A blessing was given by a friend and a stranger. So my roommate had called some of our guy friends to see if they could come over. She got a hold of one of them and so he went on the look out for a partner to come over. After knocking on all the doors in his complex, and no one answering, he found a stranger doing some yard work in his complex. Only in Mormon town USA can that happen. A random stranger. We all thought it was funny how he had no idea who this guy was. Anyways, I'm grateful for both of them and their willingness and worthiness.
I feel a hundred times better than I did this morning. I can get up and not feel sick to my stomach. My roommate got home from school today and told me that she was worried about me and that I was dying. She said coming into the bathroom area, I looked miserable.
You know I look forward to the day when I have children, but I will graciously take the epidural so I don't have to feel the pain. Haha. Give me the drugs!
I'm truly grateful for my friends and my mom, but also for the random stranger who helped out today. I'm completely blessed and surrounded by wonderful people.
No comments:
Post a Comment