Williams Syndrome

Monday, February 28, 2011

Wisdom Teeth.


Today was the day. I am now missing four teeth. Mom and I ventured to the Oral Surgeon this afternoon, after doing a morning full of shopping. I was nervous, but a blessing from dad, confirmed that I would be fine and the extraction would go great. Dr. Schuh (Shoe) came in and told mom and I all the risks of the surgery. He also said that my teeth were in difficult spots and were be more challenging than I had expected. Mom was asked to leave and it was just Julie and I. Dr. came in and numbed me up and we started on the NO2. Julie and I chatted until I couldn't talk anymore. Then it was extracting time. I closed my eyes for the first tooth to come out. After that it wasn't so bad. There was pressure, especially on the bottom teeth, but it went really well. I only had one hole that needed to be stitched up. That hole hurts the most. Dr. Schuh was awesome and his team were GREAT! I was taken cared of, even after I started to leave and felt nauseous. Julie stayed with mom and I in a room to make sure everything was alright. It was probably an extra half hour but when you're queasy you don't want to move. Finally we got out and I thanked them. It took a long while to get meds down. With some tears of frustration shed, I finally got the Tylenol down. Only took about 5 hours. Better late, then never. One is better than none. But tonight will be a challenge, since I can't sleep on my side or with my head down. It's time for more drugs and some sleep. It's been a LONG day.

No comments: