This has been the crappiest few days of my life. Sickness is not my favorite or anyone's favorite, but I'm glad it will be over by Friday. Isn't life grand? I left the basketball game early last night and came home to feeling like death. I've been laying on the basement couch for the past 24 hours. What's left is a headache from my lack of sleep but tomorrow I should feel 100%. My father did give me a blessing and told me that I would feel better by today so I could help out around the house. I'm feeling a whole lot better.
So about my trip home. I had my cousin Zane and two girls from school with me in the car. We started out our journey and things were lovely. We got to about the start of the park and the roads turned from clean to snow and icy. I was alright, I slowed right down and finally I could feel the car sliding. I didn't want to drive anymore so I pulled over and switched out drivers. Probably a mile down the road we get pulled over. The driver was driving in the middle of the road on the clear part. We got a warning and the copper followed us for about another miled and pulled off at a gas station. About a half or a mile after that, we hit pure ice, did a whirly twirly and hit the ditch. It was scary. I've never experienced something like that in my life, so I was scared. 45 minutes later we were pulled out. After that things were smooth. When we hit about an hour out of Fargo it started snowing. Scary. I was driving and once again I pulled off and changed out drivers. Another hour or so, our visibility sucked. We could see about 15 ft. in front of us. We pulled over to see what we should do. I called home and had mom look at the weather for us. We were in a cell and there was one coming behind us, so we decided to keep going. All that was out on the highway was semis and big trucks. Finally there was a car that was going the same speed and we followed them for a long while. After we got out of the Twin Cities, I started driving and drove the rest of the way home. A 20-22 hour drive took us 26 hours to drive. Better safe then sorry. It was the most two stressful days of my life.
But anyways. I'm happy to be home. I do miss my roomates though and my dorm, but home is nice too. =]
No comments:
Post a Comment